Amp set up

Participant count
  • Participant list
Any tips for tuning a 4 channel amp the right way is there to much level one should use or bass boost or low output or etc ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
don't use bass boost it's just distortion at higher volume.. gain setting is determined by input voltage from your hu.. way to set that is with a volt meter.. most of the time if hu has 4-5v preamp about 1/4 of the way maybe tad more is normally right but it does depend on amp, if u have 2v outputs or factory head unit can be anywhere from like 35%-65% gain.. some shops can set it for u but don't pay for that unless the are using a distort detector or something.. other things is do u have xovers set? hp around 80-100hz for speakers, lp for sub?

don't use bass boost it's just distortion at higher volume.. gain setting is determined by input voltage from your hu.. way to set that is with a volt meter.. most of the time if hu has 4-5v preamp about 1/4 of the way maybe tad more is normally right but it does depend on amp, if u have 2v outputs or factory head unit can be anywhere from like 35%-65% gain.. some shops can set it for u but don't pay for that unless the are using a distort detector or something.. other things is do u have xovers set? hp around 80-100hz for speakers, lp for sub?
Ok here is complete setup 1 12 inch kicker comp 40cwd124 is model.. 4 6.5 model 43csc674 kickers in doors saved 3 Bose speakers that were stock in car which includes a very loud front center speaker the amp runnning sub is a 1500 w block boss audio and the doors at bridged into a planet audio 1200 4 way bridged to 2 way

Ok here is complete setup 1 12 inch kicker comp 40cwd124 is model.. 4 6.5 model 43csc674 kickers in doors saved 3 Bose speakers that were stock in car which includes a very loud front center speaker the amp runnning sub is a 1500 w block boss audio and the doors at bridged into a planet audio 1200 4 way bridged to 2 way

And sorry the car is 2008 infiniti g35 sport it's my commuter and I kept the stock Bose radio and its the one that has to 9 speakers and the sub I disconnected all but the radio and 3 of the speakers

And sorry the car is 2008 infiniti g35 sport it's my commuter and I kept the stock Bose radio and its the one that has to 9 speakers and the sub I disconnected all but the radio and 3 of the speakers

It just seems to get really loud really fast like at 4th bar up out of 20 u can't carry a conversation there is no whine sounds loud crisp and clear haven't went past halfway up yet and I like it loud afraid to go over half way

But you see you make fun when people don't know it sounds clear as **** and was better than the stock Bose sorry it's not a 5000 watt precision power

As u can tell hey I dont sit around all day and spend 1000s on car audio I spent 300 bucks on everything it sounds way better I have a Lexus Gx 460 w mark Levinson that sounds incredible so no reason to touch that and a focus st with the Sony stock touch screen that I need to do next

As u can tell hey I dont sit around all day and spend 1000s on car audio I spent 300 bucks on everything it sounds way better I have a Lexus Gx 460 w mark Levinson that sounds incredible so no reason to touch that and a focus st with the Sony stock touch screen that I need to do next

And one more quick question I have a jl audio 12w 3v3- 4 when I hook it up it hits but it's like a crackling sound people have told me it's a coil it's like a 200-300 speaker is it worth trying to get it fixed

If I didn't see the install id swear this was a troll thread... lets try to tone down the insults OP... you seem to be looking for fights with every thread... crackling huh?

That last thread was a real winner...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/plthumbsdown.gif.d7966af824c93c6021d1aae1778b1c19.gif

If I didn't see the install id swear this was a troll thread... lets try to tone down the insults OP... you seem to be looking for fights with every thread... crackling huh?
That last thread was a real winner...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/plthumbsdown.gif.d7966af824c93c6021d1aae1778b1c19.gif
Pork Cracklings are a Southern delicacy

Will do

And one more quick question I have a jl audio 12w 3v3- 4 when I hook it up it hits but it's like a crackling sound people have told me it's a coil it's like a 200-300 speaker is it worth trying to get it fixed

Have you tried gently not to hard pressing in and out of the woofer cone to see if you hear or feel it rubbing? You have to apply even pressure not to much to one side ..it should be fairly tight and smooth and move back and fourth without feeling any rubbing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.