Amp rms to speaker rms question

An amp I'm looking to buy pushes out 125 watts rms x 4 @ 2 ohms. My speakers in the front are 125 watts rms but the rear speakers are 200 watts rms. Will this work? or do i need to try to find another amp? (This amp seems to be the best option i have because nothing else matches up any better to my speakers and sub)

Depends what the ohms of both speakers are. Always better to overpower than underpowered. Example: I run a pair of 45 watt 4 ohm DB461's in the front and 100 rms 2 ohm Kapa 693.11i's in the rear. I just set the gain low on the fronts and have no issues. You are probably going to want to go 200 x 4 imho. Depends if the speakers are both 2 ohms also.

Speakers are all 2 ohms and the sub is 4 ohms so I'm looking for a 5 channel amp to power it. The best one i can find and a recommended one on sonic electronix for my sub has 125 x 4 @ 2 ohms and 150 x 1 @ 4 ohms. Which is kinda confusing as to why its recommended because the sub is 250 rms and the amp is 150.

dude you gotta make a choice right now, Either amp your mids and highs or amp your subs. Most 5 channels in that price range is garbage. You'd want a dedicated sub and a dedicated 4 channel amp. OR raise the budget to 250$ get a proper 5 channel.

i have a jl audio HD 900/5 100wx4 and 500wx1 for sub.this amp produces those true watts at 2,3,and 4 ohms as well as 11-14 volts.so no matter what your configuration is it will work.and its very small.one just sold for 398.00 on ebay.and ebay is now offering a 3 year warranty on USED items.yes used.the warranty cost money to add to the price but how nice is it to have a warranty like a brand new item but its used...awesome.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.