Amp Recommendation

I'm not necessarily recommending that brand, but I'm recommending the idea.
i love the idea. if you look at the build quality of those lights, its kinda surprising that theyd fail so quickly. Milled aluminum casing, built in fan etc etc. They even engrave their logo in it. Many mfgs just use stickers. They look to be of better quality than the price would suggest. Get what you pay for tho, i guess

Hey all! Looking for a new amp to replace my precision power monoblock. Looking for 1000 watt RMS class D monoblock under 150$ with an fuse rating of 60A total. Currently pulling 140A when my alternator can only supply 120A. Getting some headlight dim and hoping this will resolve the problem plus its time to upgrade since my current amp isnt powering the sub completely.
1k rms @60 amps?? Goodluck matey... The lowest I know at 1k rms is 80amps. An thats the pdx 1.100
Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

i love the idea. if you look at the build quality of those lights, its kinda surprising that theyd fail so quickly. Milled aluminum casing, built in fan etc etc. They even engrave their logo in it. Many mfgs just use stickers. They look to be of better quality than the price would suggest. Get what you pay for tho, i guess
It was also interesting to see how much less amperage they pull. Maybe 10amps total. I wonder how many amps could be saved if every incandescent bulb in older vehicles were switched to led.

It was also interesting to see how much less amperage they pull. Maybe 10amps total. I wonder how many amps could be saved if every incandescent bulb in older vehicles were switched to led.
agreed. The halogens look to be so parasitic! I threw a PPI PC250 on a single HE2 12" in my old '03 Maxima (yes, i know my current car is older than my current car) and i dont recall the headlights dimming in that thing in the slightest. Now, that being said, its not nearly the draw as a SQ2200.1, but i have that same amp in my current Honda and it does dim the lights. Ballasts to the rescue!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.