amp protection help

Op...  I was seeing if you'd find the issue alone

That's misleading the way it's written tho so I will try to decipher it for you, IIRC that's a 1 ohm stable stereo 2ch , 2 ohm stable bridgeable into 1 ch amp. A cheapo to boot... it will bang away  and last tho if it's loaded correctly

Not really something you could expect much from tho so I'd be aware that it's not going to be overly impressive, especially how you have the whole install done.

And loading the poor thing at 1 ohm mono will send it into protect for sure, and most likely cause failure eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just assuming it’s built because it’s got an aftermarket metel support peice that’s bright red and it has dual stacked maginents on the back with a empire sticker that says 8 ohms I’m not sure what that is so was just assuming but Some gave it to me and most of this stuff was just collected over time I’m willing to sell all the subs and amps and get 2 good 15s or 12s with coustom ported box and a good amp for them but just wanna make sure before I do that, that with just the 2 I will get just as much bass if not more than with what I have now 
That's what I would do get rid of all of it. Re do wiring ground etc. No offense but it looks like a mess. You don't need the capacitor. 

After you figure out what your budget is come back. Guys on here will help you with equipment choices and box design 

Op...  I was seeing if you'd find the issue alone

That's misleading the way it's written tho so I will try to decipher it for you, IIRC that's a 1 ohm stable stereo 2ch , 2 ohm stable bridgeable into 1 ch amp. A cheapo to boot... it will bang away  and last tho if it's loaded correctly

Not really something you could expect much from tho so I'd be aware that it's not going to be overly impressive, especially how you have the whole install done.

And loading the poor thing at 1 ohm will send it into protect for sure, and most likely cause failure eventually.

Thank you does make sense what your saying it’s an old amp with that low ohm that prolly what’s sending it into protect Like I said above ☝️I’m willing to get rid of what I have and get better 15s or 12s just wanna make sure if I get 2 15s or 2 12s in turn for getting rid of what I have that I will have just as much or more bass than what I have now

taking all the advice I can 

That's what I would do get rid of all of it. Re do wiring ground etc. No offense but it looks like a mess. You don't need the capacitor. 

After you figure out what your budget is come back. Guys on here will help you with equipment choices and box design 
Yes it is very much a mess lol but the reason I got the capacitor it to keep my lights from dimming 

once again...

afa9TDR.jpg

2 good 12s or 2 15s in a box designed for your truck and music taste will sound and preform a 1000 x better then what you have now.

Capacitors are useless.  You're using a second battery correct? Big 3 upgrade better sub amp that you're not putting a lower ohm load that it's not capable of handling  should take care of it.

Oh btw what are you using for a head unit and mids and highs and amplifier?

You best bet is a 911 redo 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.