Amp not putting out what it should? plz help

FML
10+ year member

Extreme Lowwwwwws
Idaho
Gonna try and keep this short.

I just received My new DD m3b. Should be around 2500 RMS at 12v , upwards of 4k at 14.4.

Its not. I can tell it sounds like my T1000 i just replaced it with. Wont clamp anything above 800 watts.

I have no clue whats wrong. I originally thought my filters could be holding back power, iv tried every variable between the head unit and amp, no luck. Have set gain with scope and DDs method with just watching tthe clip indicator.

Now you may say maybe voltage isnt good enough. Well, i dont drop below 13.8 even on big burps. Specs are in my sig. What the fucc is going on? ???

I actually bought a different M3b off eBay and returned it for the same reason, thought it may have had some blown output transistors. Now, i either got a brand new amp with a switched out board, or im doing something seriously wrong (which is my guess, nobody can be that unlucky to buy 2 burnt amps back to back with the same issue. )

I need help. Im lost. Iv never ran into this issue in all my years. Im not a n00b, but not a pro either. I need y'alls help!

a pic of the crossover side would be nice.....

what the lpf set on ?

are you sure your not in slave mode ??

how are your amp grounds ?? clean surface ? tight ?

have you check sub oms ? see what the sub or subs are reading.

a pic of the crossover side would be nice.....
what the lpf set on ?

are you sure your not in slave mode ??

how are your amp grounds ?? clean surface ? tight ?

have you check sub oms ? see what the sub or subs are reading.

LPF i leave around 80. Iv.tried moving it every which way, even maxing it out (200hz) and using just my HU xover (recommended tip from someone else) .

Amp won't put out at all in slave mode.

And grounds are best they can possibly be.

And woofers are brand new. All brand new gear. Only thing that i couldn't be positive is brand new is this amp. Yet it came in original box. In plastic. If it had a swapped board, dude did an excellent job. The screws on the case definitely dont look like they've been touched.

new means nothing.... check the subs... check your rca going to the amp, make sure they are good and its getting good contact with the rca terminals on amp.

do you have a phone with 3.5 jack ?

if so get a 3.5 jack to rca and plug your phone into your amp and see what it will do.

new means nothing.... check the subs... check your rca going to the amp, make sure they are good and its getting good contact with the rca terminals on amp.
do you have a phone with 3.5 jack ?

if so get a 3.5 jack to rca and plug your phone into your amp and see what it will do.

Rca's are definitely secure.

I haven't tried the 3.5 to RCA yet. Ill give it go. Wouldn't input voltage be slim to none coming from a phone though? "

ohm load and rise can be a killer here.you need to dig out the multi meter and check what it is at the amp.
Done that. Im seeing 1 ohm at the amp.

Box rise hasn't been easy to calculate with the random clamp/meter results

Bacon

The amp
Good god i hope not. i had the exact same issue with the last m3b i bought so i decided to shell out the dough for a brand new one. I honestly can't fathom me having that bad of luck. I have to be doing something wrong here...

Good god i hope not. i had the exact same issue with the last m3b i bought so i decided to shell out the dough for a brand new one. I honestly can't fathom me having that bad of luck. I have to be doing something wrong here...
See if someone will bench test it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.