Amp is TOO hot?

I used to have a 4x30 monster sony (actually i still got it, lol its a XM-3040) that got pretty **** hot when driven hard, but not to point where it clipped, there was no distortion, the thing needed a seperate fan to get rid of the heat, maybe the amp just gets hot, hehe.... but then again, it could be wired to 1ohm and the amp is only 2ohm stable...

circuit city installed the amp and subs.
We've already determined that there's something wrong. The equipment and install have a warranty. Therefore, take it back to them pronto and get them to fix it. If you screw around with it, you may void the warranty. Do you want to take that chance?

Wow! Looking at those pics doesn't make the "professional" job look very thorough and tidy. The wires from the amp are all over the place. I had a similar problem when my alarm system was installed - had to re-run all the wires and tidy it up b/c they did such a shitty job. Guess you have to do it yourself to get it the way you want it.

Wow! Looking at those pics doesn't make the "professional" job look very thorough and tidy. The wires from the amp are all over the place. I had a similar problem when my alarm system was installed - had to re-run all the wires and tidy it up b/c they did such a shitty job. Guess you have to do it yourself to get it the way you want it.
x Eleventy-Billion

Circuit City trainee install that one? That is horrible, I would have *****ed about that as soon as I got the car back. $20 says its a wiring problem, look over everything CAREFULLY, and make sure they actually sanded down the grounding point... I bet they didnt.

phat tony,you shouldnt make fun of others people stuff, cause you drive a gay ass buick on 20".

you should just help the guy instead of ridiculing what he got.

I DID try to help him. MANY times. He made like 3 threads about what to buy, and we all helped him, including myself. I have tried to help him via IM, and he apparently didnt listen to suggestions.

Maybe you should try to help, instead of wh0ring the thread with useless posrts. Good call making fun of my car too... You are one intelligent son of a ***** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

well the pick of the amp where you can see is with the seats down, with em up (like they usualy are) You cant really see wires much, you can barely even see the amp unless your lookin for it...Im not sure if he did any sanding, he didnt to my knowledge, I actualy didnt watch the install =\

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I DID try to help him. MANY times. He made like 3 threads about what to buy, and we all helped him, including myself. I have tried to help him via IM, and he apparently didnt listen to suggestions.
Maybe you should try to help, instead of wh0ring the thread with useless posrts. Good call making fun of my car too... You are one intelligent son of a ***** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

because he got what you didnt SUGGEST it *****.

you wrote

"This kid is an idiot... why did you spend $750 at Circuit City, for like $300 worth of ****? Those subs are not 800w RMS each, it is 800 for the loaded box, meaning 400 each. He thinks the subs are like the best things ever... The amp could be getting hot because it is being clipped. Try to get a DMM and set the gain properly. Other than that, mount it somewhere it will receive adequite airflow. And whats the model number of your amp? Because if you paid $300 something for it, you got ripped man. eBay is your friend, you are an idiot.

He IMed me, talking all this crap like he knows it all. I said you could have gotten a better deal somewhere else, so he says the subs are worth the money because they are 800w ... Read some threads and learn some **** kid, you are an idiot."

seems pointless to me. oh wait ...good call on making fun of is setup, you intelligent son of a ****** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

because he got what you didnt SUGGEST it *****.

you wrote

"This kid is an idiot... why did you spend $750 at Circuit City, for like $300 worth of ****? Those subs are not 800w RMS each, it is 800 for the loaded box, meaning 400 each. He thinks the subs are like the best things ever... The amp could be getting hot because it is being clipped. Try to get a DMM and set the gain properly. Other than that, mount it somewhere it will receive adequite airflow. And whats the model number of your amp? Because if you paid $300 something for it, you got ripped man. eBay is your friend, you are an idiot.

He IMed me, talking all this crap like he knows it all. I said you could have gotten a better deal somewhere else, so he says the subs are worth the money because they are 800w ... Read some threads and learn some **** kid, you are an idiot."

seems pointless to me. oh wait ...good call on making fun of is setup, you intelligent son of a ****** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Read my post dumbass. He has made prior threads. You dont know what youre talking about. We all suggested ways he could spend $400 (this was his given budget). He decided to not listen... Before you judge me, why not make a meaningful post? I wasnt making fun of WHAT he bought, just WHERE he bought it.

Next time, try to help at least some what in a thread before you come out of no where with your 30 posts and make fun of someone.

ya, i did ask about wat i could get on a 400 budget. But isnt Pioneer and especialy kicker a lot better than MA Audio? So i paid 300 bucks more for a better system, and a great warranty. If amp burns or speaker blows in next 4 years I get replaced free...makes me feel better. But, ya i coulda got a beter deal on ebays. But then theres shipping, and risking getting ripped. And if i get used, there coulda been problems there. See, the thread is about my amp over heating...not "did i get jipped, am I an idiot noob?" It was "is my amp TOO hot?" But its coo...i understand. If i get fans how do i power them?

ya, i did ask about wat i could get on a 400 budget. But isnt Pioneer and especialy kicker a lot better than MA Audio? So i paid 300 bucks more for a better system, and a great warranty. If amp burns or speaker blows in next 4 years I get replaced free...makes me feel better. But, ya i coulda got a beter deal on ebays. But then theres shipping, and risking getting ripped. And if i get used, there coulda been problems there. See, the thread is about my amp over heating...not "did i get jipped, am I an idiot noob?" It was "is my amp TOO hot?" But its coo...i understand. If i get fans how do i power them?

Yeah, youre right. Sorry for being a douche bag.. But you have to admit, yoshima is out of line... He is NOT helping one bit. Total hyporcrite, saying I should help when all he is doing is talking ****, probably to raise his post count...

Sorry though, hope you get this all straightended out. Are you taking it back to CC?

isnt calling someone an idiot, when you dont even know him. cause he spent HIS money on something HE wanted. I think thats out of line.

truthfully i really dont care about the number of post i get. ......unless it has anything to do with being able to make that thing on the bottom of your post where you get to list all your **** you have running in your car.

truthfully i really dont care about the number of post i get. ......unless it has anything to do with being able to make that thing on the bottom of your post where you get to list all your **** you have running in your car.

That would be a "sig"... Anyone can make one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.