Amp is TOO hot?

lac on 20" chrome...

cadillacs on 20 inch chrome we stay shive-shive (song i recorded for trill c)

any way though, i'd bet that the ohm load is too low and is ohming the amp out

like i said in a previous thread...

bust out the DMM and ohm them fukers

I personally think you made a great choice. Some people ridicule BB and CC, but you can swing decent deals and get coverage no internet company can ever provide.

If the box is the DVC 2 setup, and the amp does max power into a 2 ohm load, surely they didn't mess that up.

But be sure the ground is proper, and check voltage at the amp...does it get hot even plying in the shade, to where the sun is not on the amp?

Ive never had a chance to play in shade with no sun on the amp, infact its in my hatchback, so its got the window ya know like the sun is hitting it pretty hard. And I live in Mississippi, and its July. So everytime ive played it it has been gettinng pounded with 95 degree temp. and ultraviloet rays...but i still dont think it makes it get this hot. My friend across the street suggested that I keep the back seats down when playing it, usualy I have them up with the windows rolled down and no ac on......does he have any points there? Ive been looking at some of those little fans, but im not sure where to mount em or how to do it...or anything like that...

window tint is your friend...I know down there it's HOT and muggy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I'm not no sure that it's a resistance problem. I'm hoping that the professionals at CC have enough sense to hook it up properly. From looking at those pics, it looks like you have a ventilation problem - the amp is smothered between the seats. The amp has a heatsink which will draw heat away from the circuit board, but, if the amp is smothered, then the heat will get trapped within the immediate area and make the amp hotter. Try to find a place where the amp won't be covered or get an external fan. Have you talked to CC yet? The amp could be faulty. Take advantage of your warranty.

lac on 20" chrome...

cadillacs on 20 inch chrome we stay shive-shive (song i recorded for trill c)

any way though, i'd bet that the ohm load is too low and is ohming the amp out

like i said in a previous thread...

bust out the DMM and ohm them fukers
"ohming the amp out"?

"ohm them fukers"?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

"ohming the amp out"?
"ohm them fukers"?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I thought that was pretty funny too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.