Amp is getting power but sub is not hitting?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am by no means skilled in car audio or electronics, I have done my best reading forums and various car audio problems I have ran into the past few years. So sorry if this is a noob question, but I am stumped!

I have a Jensen Power 760 amp and a 12in Kenwood sub.

My amp has the power light on and the protect light off all wires are hooked up correctly.

Been using this setup perfectly for the past two years. The other day the sub just cut out, I figured just a loose connection. Have tested ground and power with DMM everything checks out. So I decided to check the RCA's I only got about .2-.6 volts is that normal? It is also the same when I checked the output of the HU meaning it is not my RCA wires. So I have concluded that it is either my HU or my amp is just dead. (deff possibly it is old and not high quality)

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Sounds like either your speakers or your output fets on the amp take the speakers out the box check the connections if there in tact , take the speakers and hook them up to a house stereo if they work its the outputs on the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.