Amp install

americanskiff
10+ year member

Jax,FL
Ive never installed a amp before. I got a complete wire kit from KnuKoceptz. My amp should be here tomorrow. All the wiring is pretty self expanatory, except for the little wire on the RCA jacks. Here is the description of the RCA wire. "One 5 Meter eKo InterKonnect Blue OFC RCA Cable with Built in Turn On lead". The little wire thats between the two RCA leads, where does it go? ANy other tips I should know about? I allready have the power wire going through the firewall and ready to hook up. I plan on mounting the amp to the back of my rear bench seat,(1997 Rodeo), and install the fuse next to it there also for easy access. Thanks for any advise.

that's the remote amp turn on lead,nice huh..

It goes from your HU to your Amp remote connector , so now you dont have

to route a second amp wire........

Its pretty thin so I soldered some 18GA to it to make it easier for me

I thought thats what it was. That will allow the amp to be turned off and on when the HU is correct? I should get instructions for the amp where to hook that wire to, but I dont have any instructions for the Alpine HU. DO you know what I would be looking for to hook it to the HU? Its a very short wire on both ends.

so the wire thats blue and white striped will turn the amp off when I turn the HU off? Most of the time I never turn it off, I just turn the truck off. SO im geussing that will also turn amp off..

wow thats pretty old, i just looked on the site and they dont have the manual for it. the remote wire should get connected to the blue and white wire coming out of the back of the head unit.

Yea, I know. It works fine though. I do plan on replacing it in the future. Not in a big hurry though since it works perfect and sounds good. I like the looks of it alot better then alot of these newer HU's. Thanks for the help and fast replies...Im sure when the amp gets here there will be more qeustions. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Is there any problem with me installing the amp on the back of the bench seat and with the fuse close to it? Ill have to make sure there is a good ground screw or something near by to connect the ground wire to. Im sure there is something near it.

Really? WOw...ok. I geuss then its going to get mouned in teh engine compartment. probably the fender wall. I geuss that makes sense though. To have it closer to the battery instead of traveling all that wire before it gets to the fuse

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.