Amp has power but no output

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ryanbender45

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay so here's the deal, a couple months ago my sub stopped working but my amp was turning on just fine. I just got around to fixing it. I replaced the RCAs, remote wire, speaker wire, and regrounded it and it worked perfectly, then the next day it went out again so I regrounded once more with the paint actually scraped off this time and it still doesn't work. My sub works just fine on my friends amp and my amp is on with the green light. Any ideas as to what is going on? I also have a brand new battery and alternator that got put in recently so it shouldn't be a power issue

Okay so here's the deal, a couple months ago my sub stopped working but my amp was turning on just fine. I just got around to fixing it. I replaced the RCAs, remote wire, speaker wire, and regrounded it and it worked perfectly, then the next day it went out again so I regrounded once more with the paint actually scraped off this time and it still doesn't work. My sub works just fine on my friends amp and my amp is on with the green light. Any ideas as to what is going on? I also have a brand new battery and alternator that got put in recently so it shouldn't be a power issue
well u did everything i was gonna say to do.. try another amp in your car see if it works, amp may just be dead.. what amp is it, what are u powering with it? we can rec amps to replace it with if nothing else..

well u did everything i was gonna say to do.. try another amp in your car see if it works, amp may just be dead.. what amp is it, what are u powering with it? we can rec amps to replace it with if nothing else..
Sorry, I responded without quoting you, I'm new to forums ? but yeah, I have a kicker cx600.1 powering a dd redline 600 series

Kicker amp should not be prone to premature failure outside of abuse.   It's likely you are doing something wrong.  Have you tried a different RCA source into the amp?  Have you tried the RCAs out from the head unit into something else?

Easy enough to take it to a local audio shop and have it tested. mst charge like $20-30 bucks if that and some will not charge at all depending on the shop. I would make sure you placed the RCAs in the proper location on the HU(sub out, or rear) depending on the HU. Some times we get in a hurry and make mistakes, it happens

Yeah like I said I replaced the RCAs and they worked fine. I actually did mess up the first time and put the RCAs in the wrong place when I first fixed it and then I realized what I did and corrected them and then that's when it worked for a day before stopping again. I'll probably just have to go the shop lol

Sorry, I responded without quoting you, I'm new to forums ? but yeah, I have a kicker cx600.1 powering a dd redline 600 series
well if it is bad amp especially if u take it to shop come back and start new thread what 600rms amp or something like that.. we normally run bigger amps because of "box rise" basically sub only gets about 1/2 the power u think it is.. so some here run 3k amp to 2 8's little much but most will run a 1k amp to a 600rms sub anyway.. with that in mind there are a few pretty decent 800-1k rms amps that won't cost u a ton of $ so don't let shop sell u $200 amp that is crap or a $400 amp thats good when we coulda shown u amp just as good or better for less.. i guess your sub is d4 wired at 2 ohm if so: really good option for that is jbl gto or gtx500 gtr500 whatever the model 1 of those was tested to do like 800rms others will do right at 600rms and the small and cheap af

So I ended up going to the shop and they said my sub was completely fried which doesn't make sense because like I said it was working just fine and it still works in my buddies car. But I'm just getting all new **** when I get my new car so I guess its whatever ? but thanks for all the help guys!! I really just wanted to see if there was possibly anything I missed while wiring but the shop said my wires looked great and my amp was fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.