Amp going into protection mode only when bridged

All hit-or-miss brands I'd say. They may have made a few good series but are mostly not that good.
I have a friend getting rid of a Lanzar MXA282 4000w (http://www.lanzar.com/sku/MXA282/Max-Pro-4000-Watt-2-Channel-High-Power-Mosfet-Amplifier) do you think it would be worth getting cheaper from him over the Precision Power you recommended? If not then Ill probably get that, or save up enough to go big name brand. Appreciate you answering all my questions, really feel welcome here.

I have a friend getting rid of a Lanzar MXA282 4000w (http://www.lanzar.com/sku/MXA282/Max-Pro-4000-Watt-2-Channel-High-Power-Mosfet-Amplifier) do you think it would be worth getting cheaper from him over the Precision Power you recommended? If not then Ill probably get that, or save up enough to go big name brand. Appreciate you answering all my questions, really feel welcome here.

That's a big amp. Try it.. bridged @ 8 ohm maybe it will be perfect for your needs.

Or

Save up for a nice class D amp and look into upgrading the electrical system before buying it. Check out some videos on youtube about the big 3 upgrade.

Oh wow, appreciate the warning. My 600w seems to push enough to rattle my mirrors so I didnt think they were that bad. Anything you'd recommend?
Again, guys who have nothing by way of comparison will be happy enough that it makes sound, but trust and believe those brands are not doing what they claim and are very poorly built. You should expect dubious build quality/reliability premature failure poor performance (poor sound, efficiency, and features), and little to no resale value if you ever want to sell or trade it out.

I am not savvy on what's out there in your budget, but there's generally a 600-800W mono amp for <100$ on the market that's going to be a known solid built reliable performer so hopefully someone else can chime in there. I have been burned on buying cheap car audio back when I was a kid and learned my lesson fast. I will never cheap out on an amp or head unit..

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be buying from a company who lies about what their product will do. If they're lying to you right out the gate, what do you suppose their opinion is about their customers? If they think so little of you, how much do you think they care about what they're selling or how well you're taken care of after they have your money? In my mind it really sets the stage for how someone plans to do business with you if they are dishonest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.