amp doesnt turn on

google123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
hu: kenwood excelon x-492

amp: eclipse xa-1000

when i connected the wires from the hu to the factory harness, i matched all colors just like the instructions stated. one of this was a blue/white wire that connected to a blue/white wire on the factory harness. stereo works fine. today i wired an eclipse amp and used the blue wire from the hu to the amp as the remote turn-on wire. the amp will not turn on. i checked the power/ground/fuses and everything is fine. then i changed the source on the hu to tuner and the amp powered on and powered the kicker subs just fine. then i changed the source back to cd and the amp powered off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif. what the hell. how can i make sure the amp stays on no matter what source the hu is set to?????????????? thanks..

Maybe u tapped into the antenna wire? I assume u have power antenna and it only comes up with the HU Tuner on?
that's what happened.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

well my truck doesnt have a power antenna. should i disconnect the blue/white wire going from the hu to the factory harness and instead attach it so its going from the hu to the amps remote turn on lead??????

With your DMM, put it on DC Volts.

With car off.

Check your blue wire, then turn on car and see if blue wire then reads 12+ when you have the HU on Tuner, then check it on CD if it is always 12+ no matter which mode it is on (while car is on) then that is your Remote Turn On Lead.

Do the same for the other one (blue/white) and if it only has a 12+ load on it when the HU is on TUNER, and not CD, then that is your power antenna lead //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sweet thanks for your help....gonna get this finished up tomorrow. **** 'squitoes are biting like crazy right about now......

I think anyone who works on any kind of car electronics should invest in a power probe. They are well worth the money and work GREAT for troubleshooting.

Id like to buy the newer one with the voltage readout...but mine works just fine. So until it breaks I'll live without it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.