amp brands that do over rated power

honestly I don't know why a lot of companies just don't rate the amps as they are sundown knows for a fact thatthe 1500 does closer to 1900 so why not just call it a sundown 1800d that would make more sense
this i dont understand either, it will be easier to the consumer

new school kicker ZX amps do over rated. i had a ZX 750.1 that was "rated" for 750X1 at 2 ohms and did **** near that at 4 ohms and almost 1K at 2. judging an amp based on if it does over rated is insane. get an amp from a reputable company that is "rated" for the power you need. then you can set your gains to rated without concern if its going to clip

Matt

or you can just buy an Oscope and run whatever amp you want.

amplifier companies have been using the 1k 1.5k 2k system for a while I wonder if there's some type of reason behind this
they underrate to keep it consistant, no two amps run the same.. example saz1500 they can't call it a 1800 cuz one may do 1800 while the next only 1654 so they take the number that they know the amps will perform no matter what and shoot that out there...

they underrate to keep it consistant, no two amps run the same.. example saz1500 they can't call it a 1800 cuz one may do 1800 while the next only 1654 so they take the number that they know the amps will perform no matter what and shoot that out there...
it is possible that there is one saz out there that does 1600 but it would be way out of the ordinary,if 90 out of 100 of your amps do a certain number then thats the number that should be advertised

it is possible that there is one saz out there that does 1600 but it would be way out of the ordinary,if 90 out of 100 of your amps do a certain number then thats the number that should be advertised
but they want to have 100% that way they can guarantee their product.... and if they did that with the 90% the ones that got stuck with the 10% that didn't do rated would badger their company and it would be bad business....

What brand rate their amps at 12vs?
There's quite a few, DD, O2 Audio, Stetsom, Soundigital to name a few. If I'm running 12V I'd rather know the amplifiers do well at low voltages rather than being 18V capable for example. Thats one reason I like for example, B2 amps, or IA 40.1s, DD M3a or DC 10k for low volt systems. If I had 16V banks I'd be quick to run an NS-1 or something like that. But if you know you cant hurt your amp at 9V it makes you feel good about running 12-13.8 V after drop

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.