amp brands that do over rated power

OP why would you care if an amp does over rated power? Just means the manufacturer didn't rate it properly. You are NOT getting anything for free....
True, in a sense. While all this means is that the manufacturer didn't rate it as high as it can go, you can find a few say, 2000w amps all in the same price range, but one is underrated, so you're potentially getting a better value.

True, in a sense. While all this means is that the manufacturer didn't rate it as high as it can go, you can find a few say, 2000w amps all in the same price range, but one is underrated, so you're potentially getting a better value.
watts x cost.....it's that simple. Don't care what they rate it at. Assuming these are all reliable brands with good CS. Many times it gets down to whose nuts you hug or which amp you think looks best cuz a few hundred watts more isn't going to make a diff....

The powers that be have us now beleiving that an amp worth its msrp must do 300-500 more than rated in order for it to be a quality product. Then there are those that will that if it isn't able to run at less than an ohm, it's not worth buying. Best thing to do is set your budget and try to find the cleanest power you can within that budget, regardless to the name badge.

for me a amp dosent have to be .5 ohm stable or do more then rated to be a quality product just do the numbers on the box at 13 volts at the ohm load i need and im happy

for me a amp dosent have to be .5 ohm stable or do more then rated to be a quality product just do the numbers on the box at 13 volts at the ohm load i need and im happy
Exactly. In fact I find it annoying. I don't want a "2000" watt amp that does 3000 watts. If I wanted 3k I'd buy a 3k

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
Yeah that's what I was thinking too

honestly I don't know why a lot of companies just don't rate the amps as they are sundown knows for a fact thatthe 1500 does closer to 1900 so why not just call it a sundown 1800d that would make more sense

I just like the amp brands that rate their power at lower voltages like 12-13V. And screw underrating the amps output for the sake of underrating. Just tell me what it does at normal voltages so I can throw it on 16.5V and turn the gain down to .01% THD to accomplish the same output. I like to keep my equipment happy, not abused.

If you're just looking for brands that consistently underrate their output that'd be a long long, irrelevant list.

Sundown, Nendo, DD, IA, Flatline, SD, B2, Stetsom, Dynabel, RF, Skar, ZED (lol), PG, Powerbass, O2, CT Sounds, MMATS, Memphis, Kicker, Alpine, JL, JBL, basically any brand other than Sony and Maxxsonics (after 2008)

I just like the amp brands that rate their power at lower voltages like 12-13V. And screw underrating the amps output for the sake of underrating. Just tell me what it does at normal voltages so I can throw it on 16.5V and turn the gain down to .01% THD to accomplish the same output. I like to keep my equipment happy, not abused.
If you're just looking for brands that consistently underrate their output that'd be a long long, irrelevant list.

Sundown, Nendo, DD, IA, Flatline, SD, B2, Stetsom, Dynabel, RF, Skar, ZED (lol), PG, Powerbass, O2, CT Sounds, MMATS, Memphis, Kicker, Alpine, JL, JBL, basically any brand other than Sony and Maxxsonics (after 2008)
What brand rate their amps at 12vs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.