american bass xfl 18???

I call AB and they gave me it needs to be in a 6.5 to 7 cu ft box tuned to 35-38hz and fs was 35 and qts was .47I'm wondering does this box look good or do I need to change somethings?

box dimensions: 17.5 tall x 41 wide x 28 deep with a 9 in port tuned to 36 hz does this sound right? I think the port is huge but I have no clue. it was made with re box calculator.
can u use a slot or square port would be better would need to be about 10"w x10"h or so

8cubes after displacement with roughly 100" or port will do nice.
yeah my last 18 was sub up port back but it was in a small box because i didn't really know what i was doing and then i had two 12s like that. they sounded really good but just didn't get low enough so i sold those and went back to another 18 and I'm just going to do this one right

yeah my last 18 was sub up port back but it was in a small box because i didn't really know what i was doing and then i had two 12s like that. they sounded really good but just didn't get low enough so i sold those and went back to another 18 and I'm just going to do this one right
Since nobody asked, do you have any sound goals with this new sub like you want the lows, or really low lows....just a daily ground pounder, etc?

just a daily ground pounder
35-38 Hz is kinda high imo. Some people like lows, others in between. That sub in the enclosure recommended isn't gonna play extremely low bass, just an fyi. It'll hit the mid freq. no problem tho...and will be dam loud around 40-50 Hz.

35-38 Hz is kinda high imo. Some people like lows, others in between. That sub in the enclosure recommended isn't gonna play extremely low bass, just an fyi. It'll hit the mid freq. no problem tho...and will be dam loud around 40-50 Hz.
Yea really want it to hit the lows pretty good

Could anyone weigh in on this... I gave it a shot but it seems to be low in the port velocity area... Hey, I'm still learning to do this so any input would be appreciated... I tried... LOL!

VgARBI.jpg

6jBqcd.jpg

o7r4Pd.jpg

8cdZjt.jpg

mgWaxO.jpg

Every time I adjust port area to get port velocity up it goes under 12in2 per foot in Torres... Unless I go to a HUGE enclosure...

[quote name='shredder1']Could anyone weigh in on this... I gave it a shot but it seems to be low in the port velocity area... Hey, I'm still learning to do this so any input would be appreciated... I tried... LOL!

Every time I adjust port area to get port velocity up it goes under 12in2 per foot in Torres... Unless I go to a HUGE enclosure...[/QUOTE]

shrink the port area. that 12-16 port per cube area doesnt always work its just a general guideline for newbies but if you can actually model air velocity you can get away with much less or know when to use a lot more(or less in this case). Just follow the air velocity. A lot of people get loud shrinking down to 8-10 port per cube Especially if they aren't throwing double the sub's rms. @Buck has done a few high airspace low port area builds with good success in output and sq.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']shrink the port area. that 12-16 port per cube area doesnt always work its just a general guideline for newbies but if you can actually model air velocity you can get away with much less or know when to use a lot more(or less in this case). Just follow the air velocity. A lot of people get loud shrinking down to 8-10 port per cube Especially if they aren't throwing double the sub's rms. @Buck has done a few high airspace low port area builds with good success in output and sq.[/QUOTE]

Anywhere where people recorded this, like taken pictures and notes? The only time I've gained from going with less port is when the larger port was too crowded and the smaller allowed better air flow at the end.

[quote name='1mounty']this is all they could give me is this enough? fs: 32.61, qts: .454, qes: .507, qmas: 4.377, vas: 136.476 L, 3 in coil and displacement .25[/QUOTE]

Looks to me like 7.5 cubes tuned 35hz ish will work nicely. Tuning lower will gain you very little low extension and you probably shouldn't tune above 40hz unless you have a plan.

I personally like big port area, but surely you can get away with 10" round, or possibly as low as 8" flared.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.