American Bass XFL 12's or Soundqubed HDS312's?

Thanks Jeff. Both have 3 inch could do I was thinking Both could handle a lot more than rated. But I too realized the motor was just a little stronger on the XFL. I all only be giving both 650ish watts a piece for now....
My main question now for all is do you think the extra dollars are worth it for the XFL?
i'd say its worth.

they can't handle a lot more than rated, but a good bit more. depends if you're talking clamped power or amp rated power.

im not familiar with the xfl as much as jeff or others, but if it has a better motor for only $30 more then I'd go for it.

Alright i think i made my choice go with the XFl's. How big of a box do you guys think i should give them? 4.5cubes?

Also, Is there another sub in the same price range to beat it?

I don't recommend running at 0.5 ohm, but that's just me personally. It's puts too much stress on your equipment, makes a lot more heat, and you've definitely gotta have the electrical for it. With that said, I've run my VFL120.1 at 0.67 ohm with no issues, but I like to keep it above 1 ohm. I'd go with the sq2200.1, soundstream Rubicon 2500, vfl4480 or similar if you can swing the extra cash, no sense in buying a 1200w amp just to save up and buy a bigger one. I have a lot of experience with both subs, and I'd take the xfl over the hds3 any day. I've had good results running the xfl's at 4.75-5cuft net tuned to 32-33 with 18-19 sqin. Per cube of Port area.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.