American Bass XFL 12's or Soundqubed HDS312's?

MrAcd

Senior VIP Member
GA
So im feeling like its time to upgrade even though my 10's are pretty loud, im craving more... This is an expensive hobby...anyways for now i will keep my 1200w amp and be pushing them with that. But i need some help on which to choose.

It will be twelves, space will not be problem i know the Soundqubed likes bigger boxes but i have enough space for both. I will run them on the SQ-1200d for now. Im not sure if i should run it at .5 either for daily. I have the big three done and decent battery. So let me know on that.

It will be in the vehicle that is in my sig. I will be tuned around 31-32hz (love the lows).

I had 2 xfl 12s for a few months and they were nasty for only 1700rms by a brx1700. Had them tuned to 32hz and they were nice. The new ones are direct leads if I'm not mistaken. I would like to have a pair of them again. So +1 on xfl

xfls for lows
Why do you say this? Is it because the higher xmax on the XFL's?

Also how much power do yall think those XFL's can handle and why is SQ rated at more power even though both have a 3.0 inch voice coil?

Why do you say this? Is it because the higher xmax on the XFL's?Also how much power do yall think those XFL's can handle and why is SQ rated at more power even though both have a 3.0 inch voice coil?
Lower fs if im not mistaken. Ts parameters a a lil different. Direct leads are worth it imo.

I had 2 xfl 12s for a few months and they were nasty for only 1700rms by a brx1700. Had them tuned to 32hz and they were nice. The new ones are direct leads if I'm not mistaken. I would like to have a pair of them again. So +1 on xfl
When are we gonna do the sd2's tline? Holler......

Why do you say this? Is it because the higher xmax on the XFL's?Also how much power do yall think those XFL's can handle and why is SQ rated at more power even though both have a 3.0 inch voice coil?
Xfl's play better at lower tuning. Hds's excel at 37-35hz.

Lower fs if im not mistaken. Ts parameters a a lil different. Direct leads are worth it imo.
I to thought it was lower Fs but when I looked both are the same! Whats up with soundqubed being able to handle more power? Or is american bass just under rating

I to thought it was lower Fs but when I looked both are the same! Whats up with soundqubed being able to handle more power? Or is american bass just under rating
Numbers dont mean much, higher rms rating is just what the company slaps on. Voice coil size, diameter, material kind of wounding and vent cooling determines power handling. The XFL has a much stronger motor than the hds300. Overall build quality is better on the XFL. Hence the higher cost. You can throw 1500 rms on both all day long easy.

Xfl's play better at lower tuning. Hds's excel at 37-35hz.
completely agree about the hds3, but im tuned there, the lows drop off pretty steep below 25hz, but i can play 27 and up pretty well.

completely agree about the hds3, but im tuned there, the lows drop off pretty steep below 25hz, but i can play 27 and up pretty well.
So with you having a set, would you recommend the XFLs for me for lower tuning? And how do you like yours? Which would you say?

Numbers dont mean much, higher rms rating is just what the company slaps on. Voice coil size, diameter, material kind of wounding and vent cooling determines power handling. The XFL has a much stronger motor than the hds300. Overall build quality is better on the XFL. Hence the higher cost. You can throw 1500 rms on both all day long easy.
Thanks Jeff. Both have 3 inch could do I was thinking Both could handle a lot more than rated. But I too realized the motor was just a little stronger on the XFL. I all only be giving both 650ish watts a piece for now....

My main question now for all is do you think the extra dollars are worth it for the XFL?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.