American Bass XFL 124, Soundqubed hds312, or Massive Audio Torox 124 (2015 Model)?

Participant count
  • Participant list

aberant1

Anyone have any experience with any of these subs? I recently installed a JBL gto-1001ez putting out 1000 watts @ 2ohms and had a NVX VCW sub hooked up but the NVX was junk and now I need to replace it with a single 12. All of these have a similar price and will replace the box with a recommend size for whatever I get. Having a lot of problems deciding since I've never heard any of these, please help!

Im no expert and have posted some pretty newbie threads here but let me give you my experience on the nvx vcw and my current hds312. I have owned 10,12,15 vcw. I loved them all. very clean warm bass and even though they seem built beefy there's no question in my own opinion the soundqubed is better built. I still love the sound they made but the hds312 which im running on 1000 rms is a monster. It hits extremely hard, low, and is pretty clean. I will say this, we have a 10 sundown sa series in my girls car, I originally had it and hated it! tried a few diff amps and boxes. its loosened up alot and no exaggeration it goes toe to toe with my 12 soundqubed in loudness and overall performance but the sundown was more expensive. I'v'e always wanted to try massive audio hippo or summo haven't yet, probably next buy.

I don't think you can go wrong with any sub you have listed. But if you didn't like the nvx vcw id say try sundown sa series or soundqubed hds312. I cannot imagine a 12 sundown must be amazing. Again soundqubed is still awesome in itself you cannot go wrong with the sound and price of it just awesome.

Anyone have any experience with any of these subs? I recently installed a JBL gto-1001ez putting out 1000 watts @ 2ohms and had a NVX VCW sub hooked up but the NVX was junk and now I need to replace it with a single 12. All of these have a similar price and will replace the box with a recommend size for whatever I get. Having a lot of problems deciding since I've never heard any of these, please help!
I run both the XFL 12s, and running a daily set up of SQubed HDS310s,and have to say that both are great subs for the money.Either choice would be great.I think that the HDS series are a bit more clean sounding than the XFLs in the same size chambers Ive tried on the same power and same vehicle.IF you want to get just pure nasty and loud I think the XFLs would be of choice,out of the two..But Id actually recommend getting the SQubed HDS3 series sub to run on that amp

I never could get my SA12s to sound as good as my XFLs or SQubed HDS310s.I tried all kinds of different enclosures,different tunings,and never got what I really wanted out of them,and seemed like I wasted alot of time and money on them. I guess I just didnt like them to be honest.

I never could get my SA12s to sound as good as my XFLs or SQubed HDS310s.I tried all kinds of different enclosures,different tunings,and never got what I really wanted out of them,and seemed like I wasted alot of time and money on them. I guess I just didnt like them to be honest.
I had the opposite experience, loved my sa's didn't care much for the xfl's.

I love everything I've had from SQ though. Just ordered that 2200, already came in from Japan minty as hell too. Ordered two SQ subs from MrFoca last night... This is for that build under the seat for my buddy I think I was telling you about. Should get loud.

I ended up going with the American Bass Xr (2015 Model) and couldn't be happier. It has great sound quality and can really get low, it sounds better than my L7 powered by a zx 1500.1 in a 4 cu ft custom box, but that's not to surprising! The box for the Xr is 30 x 15 x 15 with a side slot port tuned at 34hz per Bob's recommendation. I haven't heard the XFL but I'm seriously impressed with American Bass and wish I would have switched over to them years ago. Now I wish I would have gone with a different amp!

I had the opposite experience, loved my sa's didn't care much for the xfl's.
I love everything I've had from SQ though. Just ordered that 2200, already came in from Japan minty as hell too. Ordered two SQ subs from MrFoca last night... This is for that build under the seat for my buddy I think I was telling you about. Should get loud.
Good deal on that..Im glad you got the amp and in good condition..So far SQ subs have served quite well and servicing justice..LOL.Hope the build turns out well man..

I ended up going with the American Bass Xr (2015 Model) and couldn't be happier. It has great sound quality and can really get low, it sounds better than my L7 powered by a zx 1500.1 in a 4 cu ft custom box, but that's not to surprising! The box for the Xr is 30 x 15 x 15 with a side slot port tuned at 34hz per Bob's recommendation. I haven't heard the XFL but I'm seriously impressed with American Bass and wish I would have switched over to them years ago. Now I wish I would have gone with a different amp!
Man ..That sounds great..Ill have to check into those subs for sure..Everything Ive bought from ABass has been excellent thus far/no issues with amps and subs..Ive been very happy with everything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.