American Bass XD 1044 450 RMS 10"

Participant count
  • Participant list

audiobaun
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
Ive been looking at these subs fora bit for a basic install in my 08 HHR for a pair to run with a mild dedicated sub amp of approx 1.5 k on tap with a little head room to spare of course. id like to know if anyone has any experience with the subs? i have a tuned enclosure already at 2.4 @34htz of which should serve just fine.Not looking to go all out SPL as my other rides, just add some life to the sub stage for a daily and get rid of the POS Pioneer 10 thats in there with min. output and muddy response.I have several 12s, and heavy 10s and enclosures sitting ,but thinking these will serve for an enclosure I have built and sitting.I have a single American Bass XO that sounds great and may consider picking up another to go along with it, But always enjoy trying new gear when I can.Ive always had decent luck with A. Bass subs thusfar for the money spent. Any experiences with this sub? Thanks

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/american-bass-xd-1044-10-inch-450w-rms-dvc-4-ohm-subwoofer.html#ProductReviews

I don't have experience running them but I have spent a good amount of time modelling them. IMO they are some of the best subs you can get under $100. 
Hmm.. Ya The specs look decent on them..esp. for what im thinking of doing with the amount of power and the soso enclosure I have sitting.I may give them a shot..maybe just pick up one and see how it performs to make my mind up on a pair.I know the XO series is decent and does rated and takes a little more,and actually sounds pretty nice for the $ 

Still asking for actual people with Experiencing with this sub??Just need some in put as to how well or how poorly they perform. Enclosures and tuning .Thanks

Most people on here aren't hip to American Bass because they are mostly talked down upon because they are off the shelf rebrands. I plan on getting a pair of the 1044s because they model up 1db louder than my Sundown E10s. Not sure about the timeframe because I just picked up a pair of the new Infinity 1270s. Every good month we have at work I buy myself a pair of cheap subs for testing lol. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.