American Bass VFL 8"s Bottoming out. why?

I'm not up to date on all subwoofers but I think the ZVX are a line of subwoofers from Skar audio? It that correct?

The money isn't a massive problem but also I'm an old man and didn't want to spent a lot on my stereo stuff. My daughters boyfriend is into stereo stuff and after listening to his Digital Design, I decided I wanted a stereo but I was not going to take my back seat out for a subwoofer box. That is why I decided to go with 8"s, I can raise one side of the back seat and sit the sub's there, then I can just grab them and take them in the house If my wife and me need the extra room in the truck.

Should I go by a Stereo Shop and have them set my Amp gain's the right way? Maybe that would help with the bottoming out of the Sub's? I think I am going to look into having a box built for the sub's that would be the correct size that they need. Thank you all for you're help and info.

I was just going to touch base with every one and say that I had a local guy build a box to spec for my subwoofers, American Bass VFL 8's and they are no longer bottoming out at all. I am now very happy with my stereo but I have some other questions I am going to list under Speakers about the tweeters, Thanks guys for everything.

Yes Sir it was the prefab box. The port wall in that box was like 2 and 1/2 inches, The guy that built my new box sounded like he knew what he was talking about a said that is why the subwoofers wee unloading that the port was wrong and they were almost free airing. The box he built has a port wall going all the way across the back of the box, that he showed to me.........now I myself have no idea what that exactly means but he only charge me for the material and $100 and promised to fix them......which he did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.