American Bass subs on sale

Participant count
  • Participant list
Quick question about a box for these subs. American Bass Specs site 2-2.3 cubic ft per sub for a ported enclosure. I have a box I wanted to use. I didn't really want to take the time to build one right now. The one I would be using has 2 cubic ft per sub and is tuned to 30hz. the 2 cubic feet is before displacement though. Is it still going to be a pretty good box for these? Would it help to throw in some polyfill? Should I try around 4lbs of polyfill? I don't remember the formula but I was thinking it is like 1-1.3 per cubic ft Thanks

Ok I just called American bass. I have emailed them and not heard back. I talked to Bob he said my box would be fine. I asked about polyfill. He said I could add it if I wanted to it would be fine either way. Still open to suggestions but I think I will try it first without polyfill. I am waiting for my amp to come in anyway. I just purchased one of the deaf bounce AAK 2000-1 amps.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.