American Bass PH5100/ Massive Audio NX5/ Phoenix Gold SD1300.5

Participant count
  • Participant list

tat2bass
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cali
Anyone have experience with either of these? I am wondering a few things.

1. Do they do rated?

2. Anyone seen any clamp numbers on them?

3. Do they sound clean?

4. Is overheating an issue with the chassis being so small and it being partially class A/B?

Haven't seen much about either but what I have seen about the NX5 is on sonicelectronix and there are lots of idiots that leave great reviews for crap products

I am leaning towards the Phoenix right now since it is full class D

Thanks in advance.

The Phoenix Gold SD amps just began shipping 2 days ago, according to Phoenix Gold. They verify their ratings with an Audio Precision analyzer, among other things to make the amplifiers stand out. I would expect the price to reflect the higher standards and testing.

The #1 complaint I read about the NX5 is overheating if the sub channel is run at 1 ohm.

The Phoenix Gold SD amps just began shipping 2 days ago, according to Phoenix Gold. They verify their ratings with an Audio Precision analyzer, among other things to make the amplifiers stand out. I would expect the price to reflect the higher standards and testing.
The #1 complaint I read about the NX5 is overheating if the sub channel is run at 1 ohm.
The SD has been out longer than thought I'm sure. There was a guy on here selling a used one back in February. That ***** with the nx5. It is pretty much the same as the AB also. I drive an hour and a half each way everyday so overheating is a big issue for me. And I'm looking for a sub channel at 800ish. So I guess PG it is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.