Capacitor or another battery ????????

Participant count
  • Participant list

waterskidude

Iowa
Currently in my boat i have 2 10 sony xplode subs run by 1200 watt xplod amp. 2 6 x 9 Boss under the bench seat run by 200 watt amp. and 2 6x9 polk tower speakers run by 800 watt sony amp. I have a sony M60UI marine head unit. I also have 2 new marine deep cycle batteries (845 cca ). I have the 2 batteries isolated when the engine is not charging, ( just floating and listening to tunes ) so that when i want to start the motor, 1 battery is still fully charged and it only does the starter the other only does the stereo and other accessories. When doing this, after about 15 minutes, the some components start shutting off due to low power, If i start the engine, let it charge a few minutes then i can start over again. I never had this problem till i put in the new batteries. Before, i could run about an hour under the same circumstances and same equipment.

capacitors are pointless they do nothing for any real amount of power required by an audio amplifier, they are just a gimmick that people waste their money on... I'd get some better batts and be done with it, a cap will not help you and will just be a waste of you time and money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.