American Bass PH 4000 md on 2 sundown audio E 10's

Participant count
  • Participant list
unless your gonna run them at 4 ohms, assuming they are d2's, they should be good at 1 ohm. That thing is rated at 2000w rms. Even if you are running them at 4 ohms, you would probably getting close to 500w ea. sub.

unless your gonna run them at 4 ohms, assuming they are d2's, they should be good at 1 ohm. That thing is rated at 2000w rms. Even if you are running them at 4 ohms, you would probably getting close to 500w ea. sub.
yeah 500 rms is what they are so with the amp properly gained/set the speakers should be fine. Might have the amp turned up halfway or less as to what my ear tells me is enough for what the speakers can take but I wanted the guys here opinion

they are dual 2 ohms so won't that be less than one ohm total for both speaker?

2/2 equals 1 that's for 1 speaker wired parallel right

so that would make a pair of dual voice coil 2 ohm subs equal 0.5 ohm and that's too much for that amp

yeah 500 rms is what they are so with the amp properly gained/set the speakers should be fine. Might have the amp turned up halfway or less as to what my ear tells me is enough for what the speakers can take but I wanted the guys here opinion
they are dual 2 ohms so won't that be less than one ohm total for both speaker?

2/2 equals 1 that's for 1 speaker wired parallel right

so that would make a pair of dual voice coil 2 ohm subs equal 0.5 ohm and that's too much for that amp
I don't know how that amp will do at sub ohms, but the vfl hybrids, people play them sub ohm with no problems. The ph and vfl hybrids share the same board, so I dont see it being a problem at .5. You can use them at a 2ohm load and still get adequate power. I have the vfl2680 but never used it below 1ohm.

I don't know how that amp will do at sub ohms, but the vfl hybrids, people play them sub ohm with no problems. The ph and vfl hybrids share the same board, so I dont see it being a problem at .5. You can use them at a 2ohm load and still get adequate power. I have the vfl2680 but never used it below 1ohm.
I was talking to a guy in Canada that knows them pretty well and he recommended not to use at 0.5 ohm but I might try and call American bass tomorrow and see what the tech says.

other than that it's get the D4 sundown audios which are dvc 4 ohms but are 100 bucks more each

The hybrids will do 1/2 ohm all day. Not sure about the ph line though
which series are the hybrids?

on their site their is the elite, ph, , vfl, sq, hd, xd, gt

did see a hybrid on the vfl series and will check it/them out. Jeffdachef also said he would recommend only the vfl series of American bass

which series are the hybrids?
on their site their is the elite, ph, , vfl, sq, hd, xd, gt

did see a hybrid on the vfl series and will check it/them out. Jeffdachef also said he would recommend only the vfl series of American bass
Yes its the vfl hybrid. I think there a step right under the normal vfl line. I am running the vlf hybrid 4480 atm and they are great amps. Pretty sure Jeff ran run a while back as well

Yes its the vfl hybrid. I think there a step right under the normal vfl line. I am running the vlf hybrid 4480 atm and they are great amps. Pretty sure Jeff ran run a while back as well
I wonder how your amp at 4500w x 1 rms @ 1 ohm is less on ebay, $ 254 than the vfl 100.1 , 1500w @ 1 ohm , $ 389 lol

the 4480 is rated at 2200 rms at one and a lot of people have clamped 2500+ at .5. The main vlf line is made up of a lot better components hence the higher prices

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.