Alternator

I looked on DC and they don't have one for my suv.
Call these companies. Many of them can build an alt for you, even if it's not listed on their site. Site DC, Mechman, Irragi, and Excessive Amperage. There's others but I don't know enough about them to recommend them.

Probably excessive amperage, but it'll likely be the lowest power of them as well. Otherwise, Mechman will probably be cheapest. I don't know how Ohiogen's prices are. Wouldn't hurt to call them all.

They are all reputable companies and I'm sure you'll get a good alt from any of them. There's always a bad alt here and there for all of these companies, but I believe they all do whatever they can to resolve a situation. DC has some customer service issues as of late, so it's difficult to get in touch with them for anything but from what I've seen they def have some of the best alts. I will personally be going with Excessive Amperage as he's been the most help when looking for info through my research. He's a one man show so when you call/email, you speak with the owner, the same guy that took your order, built it, and shipped it. I see that as a positive. If you're looking for the most power for your money though, I'd look into the others. Mechman has been the talk recently. Great power, good prices, and good CS from what I've heard.

Hard to get a hold of as of late? I have ordered three alts for customers and no problem getting someone on the first call. Call dc you will be glad you did after you install it.

Hard to get a hold of as of late? I have ordered three alts for customers and no problem getting someone on the first call. Call dc you will be glad you did after you install it.
Just what I've seen around here and CACO. I couldn't get a hold of them via email, but I did via phone. I've just seen too much of people trying to get in touch with them to see where their alt is, 2 months after they ordered. On the other hand, I've seen other people with perfect experiences. Experiences will vary from case to case, I don't want someone to be turned off from DC from what I say. I just have seen too many issues recently that I feel it should be mentioned to someone inquiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.