Alternator?

I say the db. My experience has been good, and for the price you can't beat it. A little more than a dollar per amp ratio.
I would say the exact opposite, if you are going with that db place you may be better off with a local shop. just open the yellow pages and look. There are always little shops that rebuild for local mechanics. maybe go ask a mechanic where a place is by you. I got hosed by dbelectrical and am out shipping money shipping there turd back and forth. I also like local if you have a problem you just go over there and break their windows. I saved money and got a better product by staying local.

all test I did on both where done by me then the shop and I did watch rpms voltage and amperage during both tests.

Well does it come with a core? What do i need, just that, and bolt it on? Idk much about cars, just the stereos i put in them.
Comes with the core. they recommend adding a wire between your alternator and battery to 0 guage and fusing it. It comes with instructions, and luminas alternators are east to take off, about 3 bolts max.

Comes with the core. they recommend adding a wire between your alternator and battery to 0 guage and fusing it. It comes with instructions, and luminas alternators are east to take off, about 3 bolts max.
Already have 2/0 from alt to batt. Im considering trying a local place. I have already talked to a very good mechanic at my work who has my exact car as well. He explained how to replace it. He also mentioned a place close to here that im gonna try out tomorrow. I pmed Mechman and Rusty to see if i can get some quotes but im sure its gonna be way to much for me. Again, im not running a ridicules amount of power, only 3500watts.

I think I paid 165-175 for mine. works great, better than the db one and no bull crap from them I wish they would sell online. the leece ones they make there are brand new and about 1k

Well a local guy can do a rewind for 175 that puts out 200A at 2k rpms. Itll do 105 at idle. Should i go this route or just get different alternator?

Well a local guy can do a rewind for 175 that puts out 200A at 2k rpms. Itll do 105 at idle. Should i go this route or just get different alternator?
cool I would do that as opposed to a db electrical one. with a local guy you would get better service no shipping if you need a warranty problem etc. etc. If ever going bigger then custom case/custom fit if the only ways I see getting bigger and better in and getting good idle.

I am surprised at 200/105 idle for your car I thought yours had a smaller case. I am kinda stuck with a smaller case on mine. just size the belt right too if it is even a little to long it will be loose and may slip. I know people say O but its got a tensioner, yes it does and it has less tension when the belt is long. If you can't get the exact right size belt you can always shim a part away from the block or get a bigger idle pulley to make up for it.

Yea, i talked to a local mechanic and he said he wouldnt go anywhere else. He said his rebuilds are phenomenal. And i can drop it off tomorrow and he'll have it done same day! I do have the smaller case BTW. He said the highest amperage you can get from the small case is what hes gonna give me. He said anywhere from 1200-2k i should be getting a full 200amps. So that should cover me till next year when i switch cars. And he is gonna test it for me and make sure it does what he says it will. So tomorrow ill have results on how much i can get from it. Seems pretty cheap too. I was gonna spend 140 on a stocker and i asked for a qoute for a rewind and it was only 175. So im pretty happy. Cant wait to get my car up and going again. Its been only 2 days without bass and im already going through withdraws:).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.