alternator whine

duckfart
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I get a real anoying alternator whine coming from my speakers sometimes a "pop" sound. I grounded both of amps to baremetal chassis of my car . What can the problem be ? only my comps make that noise not my sub. and can this harm my speakers ?

i have the same problem i havent checked my grounds but a friend of mine said if your speaker wire is close to your power wire it will do the same but im not really sure on that

Your Pioneer may be blowing. My alt wine started with a loud snap. Then the RCA's lost signle. Then little pops here and there off of deck power. Then the actual wine set in. Then there was random scratching. Now, I only get sound out of my front right speaker on deck power. Good thing it's still under warranty.

Its a pretty old HU. It has two sets of Preouts but 1 set of them dont work at all so I have My left preouts with some Y adapters in order to have 2 amps hooked up .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.