amp problem

If the power wire came out of the amp i dont see how you would fry it. Ive had the power wire spark like that many of times. The only thing I see that would hurt would be your power wire fuse. But yeah check your fuses in the amp and your rca's

ok no go on the fuses all ok and green light still stays on but i can touch the power wire and get a small bump out of the subs but it quits after that. I hope somebody can tell me i dident fry it b/c i dont have anymoney to get another one

if your moving a wire anywhere on the amp and u get a burp out of the subs there's a short somewhere, and thats not good and could be very hard to find, redo your power wire, remote, ground, and rca's and check to make sure there all getting a good connection........ if that doesn't work........ you'll be buying a new amp or gettin that one repaired

any other suggestion on what i should do
not really. Look in your manual. My amp had a feature to direct short it to reset the internals.

Disconnect all wires involving car audio, and hook them all back up to again to BE SURE they are correct. You've probably experienced USER ERROR though:(

if i was you i'd take the amp out and put it in someones car that has an amp and subs, try your amp in there, if it works fine in their car its your rca's, if not the amps in need of repair.........

Let's start with this:

What kind of amp are we even talking about?

On my KAC-PS500F that runs my interior speakers there is a small triangle over the center of the 'W' where it says Kenwood on the front of the amp. Within that triangle is a multicolor LED which is indicative of amplifier status.

If the triangle is lit up red (like Kenwood's logo that they have used for years) everything is A-Ok and operating normally.

If that triangle is lit up green then the amp is in one of its protection modes (whether it be thermal overload, under-current, speaker short circuit, etc)

Backwards from most amps, I know, but there's at least one example of green not necessarily meaning "go."

And no....the amp's previous owner didn't wire it that way - the manual states that it is supposed to be that way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.