Alternator trouble?

Participant count
  • Participant list

shammyhavik

Senior VIP Member
cali
Today I was showing off my system to a friend with a 15" MTX 9500

I left the car playing when I was showing the electrical under the hood and noticed a distinct squeaking noise coming from somewhere around the alternator.

My friend told me to cut like 3 ft of hose and use it as a stethoscope on my car lol

When the bass hits it almost seems like the squeaking is seriously in tune with the bass drops, rattling is ruled out because it squeaks after a song a couple times, then it squeaks when the car is turned off and it goes from high pitch to low pitch as the engine shuts down.

Sometimes the squeaking will even stop in the middle of a song when bass is going crazy.

lol i already googled it... if years of World of Warcraft taught me anything it should be to google before blatantly making a post aha

it says the load i put on the alternator was too much.

still though should i get to replacing it immediatly?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.