Pro advice needed!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jef023

Haiti
Hello!

I will be the first to admit that I don't know much about audio but the very basis. I've installed many sound systems in my car always thought they sounded good enough.

I am now starting a bigger project. I would like to install a very powerful sound system 125+db on my truck. This is mostly for outdoor application.

Most people advised me to go with 4 or 6 powered speakers and install an inverter with a big enough battery bank. I'm sure that will sound great but not so sure about how long the batteries will last in this setup. Plus it's likely the inverter will create noise.

Another setup would be to use some pa/dj speakers (15") and power them with a couple of car amplifiers. This setup can be powered by some specific batteries that last a long time.

My last option is to install at least 12 6x9 full range speakers, some subwoofers and tweeters and a couple of amps to power it all using the same batteries mentioned before.

My question to the forum is could someone advise me on the best possible solution for a loud system that can reach a great distance. I thank you in advance! I plan on making a special cage on top of my truck so space is not an issue.

Jean

125db isn't hard to have i think a ported 12 in the right box with a decent set of comps can hit 125dbs. now if you just want some loud music mobile dj type of thing just get pro audio mids, and super tweeters. 3 big agms and the biggest HO alt you can get. but keep in mind this gets real expensive REAL quick. whats your budget and what kind of truck?

Hello!I will be the first to admit that I don't know much about audio but the very basis. I've installed many sound systems in my car always thought they sounded good enough.

I am now starting a bigger project. I would like to install a very powerful sound system 125+db on my truck. This is mostly for outdoor application.

Most people advised me to go with 4 or 6 powered speakers and install an inverter with a big enough battery bank. I'm sure that will sound great but not so sure about how long the batteries will last in this setup. Plus it's likely the inverter will create noise.

Another setup would be to use some pa/dj speakers (15") and power them with a couple of car amplifiers. This setup can be powered by some specific batteries that last a long time.

My last option is to install at least 12 6x9 full range speakers, some subwoofers and tweeters and a couple of amps to power it all using the same batteries mentioned before.

My question to the forum is could someone advise me on the best possible solution for a loud system that can reach a great distance. I thank you in advance! I plan on making a special cage on top of my truck so space is not an issue.

Jean
quality over quantity

this is from only two pro audio 6.5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf7ahqvuKTI

you want high efficiency pro audio drivers and supertweeters, paired with a powerful amp like a crescendo 1100.4

For batteries, you'd want agm batteries with a lot of amp hours. XS power, kinetik, odyessey, diehard platinum, dekas(autozone advanced auto oriellys agms)

As long as your car is on and the alternator is running, you should last all day.

Hi and thanks for the replies and the suggestions.

I have a 96 Isuzu NPR truck. I plan on installing the speakers on top of the cargo box. I can also upgrade the alternator if necessary but was hoping to get away with the one already installed.

The minimum distance I would say is 150 yards.

My budget is of course very limited..I know I'm trying to perform some kind of magic trick. But I can stretch my budget to 2000- 2500$.

I was thinking of buying 4 or 6 of these behringer eurolive of amazon and power them with an inverter or generator www. amazon.com/Behringer-VP1520D-BEHRINGER-EUROLIVE/dp/B003VWC2AU/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

But I'm trying to be efficient and still sound good. The quality of the sound only need to be good, not great because I'm not doing it for competition.

Is that possible or would you guys sugest a better setup?

quality over quantity
this is from only two pro audio 6.5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf7ahqvuKTI

you want high efficiency pro audio drivers and supertweeters, paired with a powerful amp like a crescendo 1100.4

For batteries, you'd want agm batteries with a lot of amp hours. XS power, kinetik, odyessey, diehard platinum, dekas(autozone advanced auto oriellys agms)

As long as your car is on and the alternator is running, you should last all day.
Hi! Thanks for sharing!

At 56$ a piece that is really cheap! And The sound and distance very good! If I purchased 10 of these and add 4 subs, how many amps do I need and how many AGM batteries to run it for period of 4-6hours?

Thanks again!

Hi! Thanks for sharing!At 56$ a piece that is really cheap! And The sound and distance very good! If I purchased 10 of these and add 4 subs, how many amps do I need and how many AGM batteries to run it for period of 4-6hours?

Thanks again!
better to do 8 of them and 2 super tweeters, you need trebles along with your mids. One or two pair of supertweeters is more than enough.

Their subs and monoblock amps are pretty good too. They prefer ported enclosures though, just get a single or duo 18 instead of buying 4 subs.

agm batteries are rated in amp hours. If you plan to run it with the car off, you'll want several 4-6 group 31s with 90 amp hours or more.

Thats with the car off, you only need 55 amp hours for every 1000 watts you are running. As long as your vehicle is on, you should be fine, those trucks have decent alternators

skip the invertors man it wont work out as well as you'll think. Get proper drivers, put them in a proper box and a good amp, they will get loud.

The crescendo 1100.4 is a good amp but if you want something with a nice punch on a budget, look up a ppi phantom 900.4, lots of power and will power all 8 mids fully and has crossover options to tune them and get great sound. get a cheap small two channel amp with crossovers for the supertweeters.

hell, you can even get 16 mids 4 super tweets and 3 ppi phantom 900.4s and still be cheaper than your original plan and get crazy loud. a hole saw would help a lot in the box construction lol. This will sound like a mobile concert.

Thanks a lot!

On the soundqubedwebsite, they say sold as pair for 56$, does that mean you get 2 for 56$ or each speaker is 56$ and you must order 2?

Also I plan to leave the truck running at all times, how many of the batteries would I need for the setup? I saw that these batteries are pretty expensive.

Too bad soundqubed doesn't offer larger speakers, it would have been perfect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.