alternator manufacturers

Participant count
  • Participant list
for 6k, i would have atleast 3 batts total... one up front, 2 rear... a better batt up front will ease the pull on your alt from your cars accessories, and allow a lil more for the rear batts... i would do 2 runs of 1/0 to the rear off the alt, and one from front batt to rear (if you want to have all 3 share the electrical pull).

also with mechman, you get a voltage charge regulator... so you could also turn up the charge voltage a lil bit, to help with the strain (14.5 v wont hurt anything on your car)

well i have 1/0 throughout, big 3 underhood with 1/0... buyin a xs power 1400 or 2....you think that would be sufficient enough or should i do something bigger with the batts?
dude... an alt with those batts and you wont even drop below 14.2 with your set up

edit: your going to run 6k... nevermind.. you'll need that and a little:)

dude... an alt with those batts and you wont even drop below 14.2 with your set up
edit: your going to run 6k... nevermind.. you'll need that and a little:)
lol yeah im going to be running about 4 subs that take 1500 each.. time to step up to the big boy leagues i suppose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif havent decided on subs yet but im going to beef up electrical first then decide on amps/subs ...doin it in 2 parts so it'll be a little easier on my wallet.

for 6k, i would have atleast 3 batts total... one up front, 2 rear... a better batt up front will ease the pull on your alt from your cars accessories, and allow a lil more for the rear batts... i would do 2 runs of 1/0 to the rear off the alt, and one from front batt to rear (if you want to have all 3 share the electrical pull).
also with mechman, you get a voltage charge regulator... so you could also turn up the charge voltage a lil bit, to help with the strain (14.5 v wont hurt anything on your car)
the two 1400s would be trunk bats, i have a brand new battery under my hood already so im not going to replace that.. i have a good bit of 1/0 left at the moment so i have prob enough wire for another run still and could order another run for the alts.. this is my first "big" system lol.. ive never really ran anything over 2,000watts so im being cautious before i buy i suppose.

the two 1400s would be trunk bats, i have a brand new battery under my hood already so im not going to replace that.. i have a good bit of 1/0 left at the moment so i have prob enough wire for another run still and could order another run for the alts.. this is my first "big" system lol.. ive never really ran anything over 2,000watts so im being cautious before i buy i suppose.
thats good bro.... the way i think of it, is it's always better to do a lil bit of overkill on electrical, then not enough. 2 in the rear should be good.... just make sure that you give each batt its own run for charging (not an absolute requirement... but i've found that it helps ALOT)

other than that, you might want to give a local machine shop, with a cnc machine, and see if they can make up a dual bracket for you... its not that difficult for them to design (if they're a good shop)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.