Alternator help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have infinity speakers and subs.the subs max out at about 950 watts. I got a 5000 watt amp but I am not sure on what alternator I should purchase. I have a 2002 Grand Prix gt with a 3.8l v6. I cans spend about 170 or so on an alternator. Thanks in advance
Well i doubt its a true 5000 rms amp what amp and model? and u arent gona find a decent alt for 170...all the good companies will be around 350-500 ..depending on the power that amp does id say a good agm battery or 2 would do fine

The amp does about 300 rms when bridged. I need a new alt regardless but don't need one that's huge.problem is when I turn up my speakers my lights dim pretty badly.

The amp does about 300 rms when bridged. I need a new alt regardless but don't need one that's huge.problem is when I turn up my speakers my lights dim pretty badly.
300rms and the lights dim bad? id say the alt and or battry is shot ...just get a stock alt and a good agm under the hood and u will be fine

SAME THING HERE. HOW TO GET THE RIGHT ALT. I GOT 2 8sa sundown with a arc audio 2000 amp at one ohm plus all 4 speakers with a ppi 800 not sure everything is run from the battery with 0 gauge then to 4 gauge. i got the big 3 with 0 gauge. so what kind of alt so a i get or what brand? thanks for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.