alrigt guys help a brother

Participant count
  • Participant list

vonroretz
10+ year member

need some recomemdiations on 2 12 inch subs or 10 i dont care the amp i have is alpine mrp m 500 i want to tun the subs at a 2 ohm load and i need shallow mounts or small subs please

now i have 2 12 inch kicker comps at 2 ohms and they are getting destroied by this amp and also bottom out just a little at lower notes because there in a sealed truck box

link to current build

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427965

comment please love it hate it anythin thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

...the amp i have is alpine mrp m 500... i have 2 12 inch kicker comps.... getting destroied by this amp and also bottom out just a little at lower notes...
That is your problem.

that amp is supposed to do 500w rms @ 2ohms @ 14.7 volts.

#1 do they even do rated power?

#2 your car probably runs at about 13 volts

Your not giving the subs anywheres close to the amount of power they need...

My advice to you would be to get 2 more kicker's and make a wall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But if you don't want to do that, buy a better amp before you go searching for subs. As anything 'better' than the kickers will most likely have the same problems with your amp (its too small).

I ran/run my kickers on a SAE 1200d Sundown amp.

Oh, and ps, upgrade that 8g wire to 4g.

That is your problem.
that amp is supposed to do 500w rms @ 2ohms @ 14.7 volts.

#1 do they even do rated power?

#2 your car probably runs at about 13 volts

Your not giving the subs anywheres close to the amount of power they need...

My advice to you would be to get 2 more kicker's and make a wall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But if you don't want to do that, buy a better amp before you go searching for subs. As anything 'better' than the kickers will most likely have the same problems with your amp (its too small).

I ran/run my kickers on a SAE 1200d Sundown amp.

Oh, and ps, upgrade that 8g wire to 4g.
The guy says his subs are bottoming out, and you say its because they aren't getting enough power? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

lol bottoming out means at lower note my subs are unable to pick up notes because the box is not built to specs..the amps fine i just bought it like 2 weeks ago and I need subs that can get low notes in a smaller box

Not going to lie, idk what bottoming out means.
Its refreshing to see someone admit they dont know something around here.

Bottoming out means the sub's cone/suspension travels further than design intended, allowing the assembly to 'bottom out' by the voice coil smacking the backplate, or the suspension coming into contact with (usually) the frame. Generally speaking, two things can cause this... too large of an enclosure that does not give enough resistance to cone motion, or too much power. Hope that helps.

I'm a little curious how a sub could be bottoming out in a sealed box with less than rated power. Somethin's gotta be wrong in there somewhere.
He said the box is not built to spec. If he means its larger than recommended, you could definitely bottom it out with less than rated power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.