tell difference ?Old School PPI Flat pistons vs PRO class flat pistons

Yep, the pros had a cast spoke basket. The stamped steel baskets are the PC's. Also, if they have a foam gasket on the front they're PC's, Pro series have PPI stamped around the ring. I'm pretty sure the pro's had spring loaded terminals where the PC's have spade terminals.

This is the PC-10's:

10w321ee8.jpg

10w322rv4.jpg

Yep, the pros had a cast spoke basket. The stamped steel baskets are the PC's. Also, if they have a foam gasket on the front they're PC's, Pro series have PPI stamped around the ring. I'm pretty sure the pro's had spring loaded terminals where the PC's have spade terminals.
This is the PC-10's:

10w321ee8.jpg

10w322rv4.jpg
then i guess i got me some pro10 then..thanx for all the input..

They also have a new series of them out. Their ok but nothing like the old one.
I like old school stuff as much as anyone (heck I am old), but the old PPI flat piston drivers were not known for their output - they were really SQ subs. I know that Alma and others used them in competitions, but they really got loud because they had multiples. While I haven't heard the new flat piston series, the specs would suggest that they have the output (and perhaps SQ) advantage.

JP

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.