Alright for 1st system??

All I'm seeing is a sub and an amplifier, where's the "system" part of it?
i didn't include the HU but its an alpine cda-9884 and wiring is 4gauge for the sub

the speakers are stock atm....but soon enough they will be changed...go ahead make fun

what should I call it??? My setup?? I am a noob to this stuff....so I just figured it was a common name:confused:

crownvic trunk is going to eat up that sub.
it does tend to eat things a lot, its quite large....

Setup sounds fine, my first was so far worse, lol.

You have plenty of space in that car, so pretty much sky is the limit. At least to a degree, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

okok, it's not a system(while we are at it....what makes a system?) I am a noob and don't know what to call it, my bad. My first car audio "setup"

All too many on this site spend a fortune on replicating frequencies in the 20 to 80 Hz range while neglecting the 80 Hz to 20 kHz range!

As for what makes a "system", it takes more than subwoofers. Hey, I made the same mistakes when I was 17 years old, thinking that it was badass to add subwoofers and leave the rest of my speakers stock. It didn't take me long to realize the errors of my ways when all I heard was bass while playing heavy metal.

All too many on this site spend a fortune on replicating frequencies in the 20 to 80 Hz range while neglecting the 80 Hz to 20 kHz range!
As for what makes a "system", it takes more than subwoofers. Hey, I made the same mistakes when I was 17 years old, thinking that it was badass to add subwoofers and leave the rest of my speakers stock. It didn't take me long to realize the errors of my ways when all I heard was bass while playing heavy metal.
Well the bold left me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I understand that it takes more than a sub and I don't think it's BA to leave the rest stock:crap:. Believe me if I had the $$ they wouldn't be...but soon enough.... All I listen to is rap but i'm sure it will do the same, with just hearing bass.

Subwoofers reproduce frequencies in the 20 to 80 Hz range, that is it! You can take them a little higher but they generally start to sound like sheeat past 120 Hz.

Over the years I have learned that money is better served by spending it on upgrading the midrange and high frequency reproduction drivers FIRST then adding a subwoofer later on. I did have one exception where one of my vehicles had a "premium" sound system and I just added a 10" sub off of 250 watts to it to fill in the lower end.

Subwoofers reproduce frequencies in the 20 to 80 Hz range, that is it! You can take them a little higher but they generally start to sound like sheeat past 120 Hz.
Over the years I have learned that money is better served by spending it on upgrading the midrange and high frequency reproduction drivers FIRST then adding a subwoofer later on. I did have one exception where one of my vehicles had a "premium" sound system and I just added a 10" sub off of 250 watts to it to fill in the lower end.
Yea, I see what you are saying now. But ehhh, since it's my 1st, i'm not trying to make it perfect. This will work for now....

Where is the system? I ask because all I saw listed was an enclosure, subwoofer, and amplifier.
Ditto. I guess to each his own. A basshead is a basshead is a basshead, crappy distortion from stock speakers is fine to some as long as they get more boom. We all like what we like but I guess if people have priorities and limited money they start out upgrading what will give them what they care most about and they go from there. Usually they're the ones who pull up to you next to a light and all you hear is loud booming coming from the car, not actual music. I never got it myself or never much understood having a big substage with stock and/or unamped front stage but... it makes sense to someone.

As for the HU, I had it before. It does the job for a basic setup but once you really get into it and start working on more elaborate front setups with a decent front stage, you'll find you've already reached its limits and its time for an IMPRINT kit or a different head unit. This is why I'm not a big fan of Alpine anymore, they are more concerned about pushing true audio people towards IMPRINT or the 9887 than they are about offering a range of head units with real content, whereas with Pioneer and Eclipse you still have choices of different head units at different price points with useful tuning features.

ok, I am SORRY, it is NOT a system! I am very novice to all this, it will now be known as a car audio setup. As eharri said, to each his own. I would like to start with the sub because I want some thump on limited funds. Once I get more green:greedy: I will be sure to upgrade my speakers. Thank you for helping me upgrade my car audio setup and for your opinions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.