Alpine type x, replace or ???

Phuuu

Sydney
Hi guys, new to the forum and need some advice.

I have a Nissan 350z and running an alpine type x 12" in a 2 cu ft. Ported box tuned to 32hz.

A response mono amplifier:500rms at 2ohm was powering it but its on its way out.

I was quite happy with how it sounded but want something louder. Should I get the alpine mrx-m110 to power the type x (will this amp, being rated at 1100rms at 2ohms improve db significantly?), or should I sell it, and invest in new sub and amp combo?

You could always buy the amp, try it out, and decide if you want to return or keep it.
This. Buy the amp, see how you like the upgrade. If it sounds great, perfect. If you want more, sell the X and get something new. There are plenty of woofers that would sound great off 1k in that enclosure.

Cheers for the quick advice, looks like I'm going with the new amp, now I can't wait to get it

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

i can turn the 12' x into a beast
Any tips? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Cheers for the quick advice, looks like I'm going with the new amp, now I can't wait to get it 

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Any tips? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

He means he could rebuild it with bigger/better parts

Hi guys, new to the forum and need some advice.I have a Nissan 350z and running an alpine type x 12" in a 2 cu ft. Ported box tuned to 32hz.

A response mono amplifier:500rms at 2ohm was powering it but its on its way out.

I was quite happy with how it sounded but want something louder. Should I get the alpine mrx-m110 to power the type x (will this amp, being rated at 1100rms at 2ohms improve db significantly?), or should I sell it, and invest in new sub and amp combo?
You can certainly upgrade the amplifier and see how it goes. Alpine Type-X are not very efficient subwoofers. If you don't get a good SPL, then you may need to replace the subwoofer. Instead of one 12 inch subwoofer, consider two more efficient 10 inch subs. That's a bit more cone area. Sonicelectronix is having a sale on RE Audio SE/X10 subwoofers with power handling of around 600watts a piece right now. Beware that MRX-M110 is supposedly implemented internally as a 2 channel amplifier bridged, so running it with 2ohm sub is like running individual channels at 1ohm. Here lies its key to high wattage rating. An amplifier like Soundstream TN1.1200D would probably deliver nearly the same amount of power running at 2ohm while using less current.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.