alpine type x components : (

cleanblaze01
10+ year member

i just purchased a set of alpine type x components, a pioneer premier 680, and an alpine pdx 150.2. i put all this into a 01 chevy silverado and to be honest im no really impressed with the output of the components. they are detailed but not very loud. i have the amp gain a little under half. i have the 6 1/2 in the stock locations and the tweeters near where the door meets the dash. any advise to get these speakers to get goin?? i have the amp turned down a little cuz the components are rated at 75 watts rms. i had the amp turned up more but i noticed that the light in the crossover get pretty bright at times. the light supposedly saves the tweeters a little by taking some of the juice and not sending crazy power to them. when i noticed this i just turned down the gain. thanks for any help.

try setting your gains properly with a dmm..also what are they crossed over at??? Type x's have never been known for having outrageous midbass performance....they are a fairly laid back speaker...

After a week everything should be stretched out (if they were BNIB) so you'll get your final performance after a week of play.

Also, my Type-R's aren't too quiet, they just seem to distort early. I do not have my amp DMM'ed so it probably is clipped signal at certain points. I was just hoping the speakers could take more before they reached physical limits. I'm fixing that problem with a set of Polk MOMO's

Get some MB Quarts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

They seem to keep getting louder the more juice you give em, and they looooove power.

i tried messing with the crossover on the deck and amp and turned uup the gain a little and they sound a little better. i might just buy another set of these the 5 1/4. just wish they were a little louder but these are very very detailed components.

these are very very detailed components.
The difference between hearing your music and listening to it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Type X's are SQ Speakers not DB blasters. I have seen were people say there not loud. The fact is they are clean sounding, Which leads you to think they are not that loud.

Put that amp on some MB Quarts P's or Q's and they will scream for more power!

My type-s annoy the hell out of me they have great output

but at max volume the tweeter will crackle at odd times..

I am thinking its cause I am over powering them a heck of a lot...

gains set with a dmm..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.