Alpine Type R

silveradokid
10+ year member

The Hope that lies WITHIN
I have a silverado extended cab that I'm planning on putting 2 Alpine type r's under the back seat. I think I'm going to go with the 4ohm dvc subs. I can do about 1.25cuft per sub under the back seat if I build the box right. The question is, how much space should I give the subs? And should I do ported or sealed for these subs? I would like sound quality, but also some spl. The last question is, what is a decent mid-grade amp that I could get for these subs?

Ported would be ideal but if your trying to keep the seat youll need to go sealed as ported boxes are usually larger. The 1.25 cu ft sounds about right I run 2 l7

12 in a box that size for each sub. Do yourself a favor and dont skimp on the amp or wire size.

For a sealed box, 1.25 cu ft sounds about right. And you probably could try even 1cu ft. Actually, I would go with 1.5-1.7 cu ft just so I have a perfect qtc box, but 1.25 cu ft box is not going to sound much different for that. If there is not enough deep bass response, try to stuff the box with polyfill.

I want mostly sound quality, not too much spl, but I do want a little bit. I had CVRS and those I liked, but after reading reviews I read that the type r's have better sq and spl. Also for the box would I need to do 2 chambers or just keep the whole thing open? like two 1.25cuft chambers or one big 2.5cuft chamber? Also I don't have 400 bucks for an amp so I'm looking for a mid grade amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.