alpine type r subwoofers

luckyj86047
10+ year member

rght now i have 3 kicker comp vr 12"subwoofers i bought from best buy saturday and i thought they would kick *** but not as loud as i would like to have i have them in a portd box,i am considerng taking them back to best buy and getting 3 of the alpine type r 12" subwoofers would the alpine type r subs get louder then the kicker subs in a ported box?

i have three pioneer amps they 820 watts brdged a piece i know they are crap but all i could afford but do you think the type r subs will pound pretty hard

nothing is going to 'pound' that hard until you get the correct box for them.
what he said!

you need to get a custom box built. I've run CVRs before and in a prefab they weren't all that loud but after I built a custom box, it was like day and night.

IMO, at any rate, those CVRs can get louder more easily than those Alpine Type R's; But, the type r's will take more power and sound cleaner and can get just as loud in a box built to specs.

my box is custom built by audio express each chamber in the ported box is 1.75 cubic feet it is slot ported my real questin is im kinda new to car audio and i just want to know are the alpine type r 12" subs pretty good all around subs here is some more info about my setup the is going in the back of a 2006 toyota tacoma 4 door pickup my headunit is a pioneer p2300dvd my power wire for the amps is 2 gauge,i have 2-2.0 farad capacitors i have dynamatted inside of vehichle in every place could with this being said do yo think these type r subs would pound pretty good in this vehicle with this setup?

if i increase my wattage like say get a bigger amp would that make a difference or get a bigger alternator would that help? i mean are the alpines a better quality subwoofer then the kicker?would the alpine do better as far as spl or db's?

Getting a bigger amp would be a good start, just one mono block to run them all. But dont change amps until you decide what subs you want and at what ohm you will be running

If you are just after DB's then I'd stick with the CVRs (out of those 2 choices, atleast)

If your voltage isnt dropping too low as it is, a High output alternator probably wont make much difference.

Why limit yourself to best buy subs though? Search around on here and see what subs are good. Especially for what best buy is probably charging you.

SSA DCons will do very good for example

the cvr's i got for 149.95 a piece and the type r's are 199.95 a piece i mean i am not trying to compete cause i know i could never compete with kicker comp or type r subs

CVRs are 75 each online.

Type R's are like 120 each online.

SSA Dcon here! DCON-12 D4 only 125 each and will get just as loud if not louder than those CVRs and sound better.

P.S. its all in the box, you can compete with CVRs or type R's if you have them setup right.

my box is custom built by audio express each chamber in the ported box is 1.75 cubic feet it is slot ported my real questin is im kinda new to car audio and i just want to know are the alpine type r 12" subs pretty good all around subs here is some more info about my setup the is going in the back of a 2006 toyota tacoma 4 door pickup my headunit is a pioneer p2300dvd my power wire for the amps is 2 gauge,i have 2-2.0 farad capacitors i have dynamatted inside of vehichle in every place could with this being said do yo think these type r subs would pound pretty good in this vehicle with this setup?
Pics of the box.

Do you know what the box is tuned to?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.