alpine type r sound like ****

limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
ok why does everyone like alpine type r subs?? are they the best alpine makes or something or what? don't say b/c of sq...... p[lsssss don't say that

i heard them at circuit city w/an alpine amp running to them w/a bass mek. cd playing...

wasn't impressed at all.. i was like i konw this isn't hte stuff that everyone on am online and yahoo and this caraudio message forum is always saying is the ish*

but yet it was...... why??

JL SOUNDS SOOOO MUCH BETTER!

i know many people gonna hate on jl b/c of price blah blah blah, i guess everyone has their own opinion on this stuff.... but after hearing everyone always talkin about this alpine mess i had to hear it for myself.....

the single 12 polk momo sounded better to me than the 2 alpine type r 12s......

maybe it was circuit city not having somtehin right..... or something......... I HOPE THAT WAS THE CASE, OTHERWISE WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG W/U FOLKS?

also, how come no one ever talks about mtx 8000, or diamond audios tdx series (sub) or their d7 series amps??

does eclipse have a hu that plays mp3's, if so what model number and name (or just give me a link)?

Dude, I don't know if your trying to justify your comments on one little experience in a shop which most likely didn't have anything turned right. This by no means gives you the right to flame a respected brand like alpine. Bang for buck man, alpine kicks ass.

Did not relize you could listen to Type R's at circuit city , I think maybe you were listning to the Type E subs and yes they **** ! Maybe in your town they do but in mine Circuit City doesnt carry high end alpine just the low end stuff .

While I don't like the Type R subs, you cannot go by what you hear in a shop...especially circuit city. You have to hear them in an install first.

where i live they do carry high end stuff..

got that big mtx amp, has the type r alpine, and even the mtx 8000 subs, not rfl's though, wonder why haha

um, i guess you all are right, i'll try to see if somone has a good install around her so i can hear it..

people hype it up so much, i'm wanna see what's so da** good about it!

still don't think that i'll be impressed... and i'm not dogging alpine, just saying a lot of people think that alpine subs are just sooooooooo bada$$ and i'm not too sure that they are ALL that... might be good but as much as everyone talks i'd expect for the sub to get out the car, hop in drivers seat and turn corners for me

oh yeah, i heard the type e at the store too...

dam if you think alpine subs are that bad that the hell are you comparing them to because from my experience type r subs are phucking good as hell if i hade more money i would have got them instead of my type s 10's but please don't dis a respected brand like alpine unless you have heard them in tha flesh and tuned good and propper because no sound room will gove you an accurate perseption of the capability of a piece of equipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

eg my type s wern't setup to listen to in tha shop so the guy said come and we will get mine from thew car and put them in yours and we can see what they sound like and i said after 2 minutes i will have a pair thanks and now i can crank 138.6 Db much to his discust that is why he upgraded to 12's:D

sorry for the long post but i though i had better tell every on the story.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

and just for the record type r 's are in my local shop and they sound like ass but in a car are as nice as hell //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

Yep, they're in my Circuit City too and they sound like junk. Partly because they're not sealed very well and every time they try to slam you can hear air leak out around the edge. I was listening to a pair of 15's in my local store and from the way they had them setup, my friends 10" type-r's blew them away!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.