alpine type r question

tukn18s
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Lansing, MI
Ok i want to buy alpine type r subs... the 12's say they handle 300 rms on some sites and i just checked on alpine and they said 500 rms... so im thinkin they will work with my amp.... alpine mrd-m1000.... now i know im gonna need dual two ohms so that i can wire em down to 2 ohm load. But i was lookin at some stuff and i found a box that is ported for 2 12's with about 1.8 cubic feet per sub... tuned to 36 hrz.... is this a good tuning for those subs or should i just go with a sealed box?... i want deep low bass that hurts lol

Ok i want to buy alpine type r subs... the 12's say they handle 300 rms on some sites and i just checked on alpine and they said 500 rms... so im thinkin they will work with my amp.... alpine mrd-m1000.... now i know im gonna need dual two ohms so that i can wire em down to 2 ohm load. But i was lookin at some stuff and i found a box that is ported for 2 12's with about 1.8 cubic feet per sub... tuned to 36 hrz.... is this a good tuning for those subs or should i just go with a sealed box?... i want deep low bass that hurts lol
are you looking for loud bass or tight clean bass? actually either way you will get good SQL cuz those subs are made SQL. yea and the 300RMS subs are the older versions...the 500RMS are the 05 versions.

just thought i would point out that the ones that says 300 rms and the ones that says 500 rms are two different subs. The 300 is an 04 model, and the 500 rms is the 05 model. So if you want the one with 500 rms make sure your buying the 05. You can tell the difference by looking at the surrounds.

the amp should work. make sure you get teh right impedance subs. i wouldnt get that box. type r's deserve lower tuning than that (at least 32, even lower mang!) and the internal volume shouldn't be more than 1.5 ft^3 after displacements.

ok well i want SPL but to retain some quality... i had some 12 inch l7s that had tremendous spl and i had nothing wrong with the sound quality... what are some good spl subs that will retain some quality? and not cost me a fortune

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.