Alpine Type R or Audiomobile Mass

The "Type R" is comparable to our entry level EVO series (though it does not have as much Xmax nor the alloy cone or SABOT motor of the EVO.

The MASS series is more comparable to the JL W7, as it has over 25 mm of Xmax, which is nearly 80% more then the Alpine "top of the line" subs.

Hope that helps!

Matt

Audiomobile

Originally posted by SSj4G60 both seem to be what im looking for , a 10" sub for around 200 , anyone else have

other recomendations , im looking for SQ over SPL
The EVO or MASS?

Personally, either one sonically sounded superior to the Type R I played with. It's been about a year since I've heard any of them, but I do recall that much out of the situation. The cost/performance ratio of the type r is quite excellent, but I would have had no problems stepping up to say, the mass, as the price seemed justified in the listening test.

Originally posted by Matt Overpeck The "Type R" is comparable to our entry level EVO series (though it does not have as much Xmax nor the alloy cone or SABOT motor of the EVO.

The MASS series is more comparable to the JL W7, as it has over 25 mm of Xmax, which is nearly 80% more then the Alpine "top of the line" subs.

Hope that helps!

Matt

Audiomobile
How dare you diss Alpine...they have been making audio products for longer than you have been ******* liquid meat through a straw, you old mutha****er...

Originally posted by jlaine  

The EVO or MASS?

Personally, either one sonically sounded superior to the Type R I played with. It's been about a year since I've heard any of them, but I do recall that much out of the situation. The cost/performance ratio of the type r is quite excellent, but I would have had no problems stepping up to say, the mass, as the price seemed justified in the listening test.
matthew...despite how much you have given mr. laine a rough time about being biased against you, and showing that you can be a selfish, inconsiderate ass, he just said something positive about your products...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

eric

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.