Alpine type r amplifier question

90 I believe. I have 0/1 power and ground wire for the amp. Just a get by car until tax time. My box is a huge slot ported box. 4.25ish cubic foot.
90 amps is low man mine is 125.. u can try it maybe upgrade battery to a agm under hood if u haven't and get big 3 wires under hood.. see how it does with either new agm or big 3 set gain low still be more power than u had even not using full power of amp.. biggest problem maybe headlight dimming..

If I was you and $250 was my budget and I had 2 type rs I’d try to find a used jl 1000 / original or v2. Very efficient clean just test it fully before buying or buy from an experienced eBay seller

If I was you and $250 was my budget and I had 2 type rs I’d try to find a used jl 1000 / original or v2. Very efficient clean just test it fully before buying or buy from an experienced eBay seller
The slash amps are terrible efficiency. It’s in the designs. RIPs is constantly pulling current. They even recommend alternator upgrades for the 1000

The slash amps are terrible efficiency. It’s in the designs. RIPs is constantly pulling current. They even recommend alternator upgrades for the 1000
If 687 watts @1.6ohms and 141 amps is “terrible” for the 500/1 you need to put down that crack pipe

If 687 watts @1.6ohms and 141 amps is “terrible” for the 500/1 you need to put down that crack pipe
I’ve had 7 slash amps. Not talking out of my ***

It’s the same thing with the RF CP amps. Any tightly regulated amp

Btw. 141 amps for 600 watts is terrible.

I’ve had 7 slash amps. Not talking out of my ***It’s the same thing with the RF CP amps. Any tightly regulated amp

Btw. 141 amps for 600 watts is terrible.
yeah i'm running over 1000rms on a 125amp alt so i wouldn't even be able to run that jl 500..

I am curious as to ask if you even tested your subs at all to see if they are not blown or if either have a bad coil and sending that amp into protect mode before ruling that amplifier as the culprit?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.