Expert advice on SQ amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Muji

Gentlemen. Posting here to help decide between four amps.

It's an SQ system that's been built over time in a 2012 Civic.

Being here in Pakistan, options are limited, and I really don't want to go through the misery of ordering stuff online, shipping to the US, having someone carry it here for me. So would really appreciate if we can help me decide between the amps I'm listing below. Thanks!

Choice is between the following:

1- Hertz HDP 4. CEA 120x4 @ 4 ohms. D class.

2- Audison AV Quatro. CEA 120x4 @ 4 ohms. A/B class.

3- Mosconi 1 130.4. CEA 130x4 @ 4 ohms. A/B class.

4- Mosconi AS 100.4. CEA 100x4 @ 4 ohms. A/B class.

Usage for the amps will be to drive the front and rear speakers with cutoff for front at 80hz and rear at 125hz. Using the built in DSP in the head unit for crossover while running the amps at full range. It's more convenient and allows me to change the settings from inside the car depending on what I'm listening to. Comments invited here too, if there are specific merits of nit using the hpf/lpf from the head unit and using those on the amps.

Currently using the Hertz. It's a fantastic amp, but itching for an upgrade. Tried the Focal FPX 4.800 which is also CEA 120x4 @ 4ohms D class, but didn't like it, even though the mids are nice warm but the highs are trashy. Guess they're just not suiting the Audisons.

Details of existing equipment below:

- Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-X8650-BT

- Front speakers: Audison AV K6 Components (2 way) (125x rms @ 4 ohms)

- Rear fill: Audison AV X 6.5 (co-ax) (100x rms @ 4 ohms)

- Sub: Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 VQ 400W @ 4ohms. Custom ported box tuned at 50 hz.

- Sub Amp: Reference series Pioneer PRS-D2100T 600Wx1 @ 4ohms (bridged)

- Capacitor: Cadence 2.5 farad running sub and speaker amp

- Top of the line Stinger and Focal power/speaker/RC cables. 2 Gauge. Massive battery.

- Trunk, door soundproofing etc. done very thoroughly with Lambo, closed cell foam and Dr Artex 'D' pads in front doors.

Overall, it's a fantastic install, there nil vibrations in the car, the sounds is very clean, no electrical interferences etc etc.

Considering installing a DSP at some point but seems like an overkill. Simple is better in my honest opinion, and with the basic DSP built into the head unit, I already have 13 band EQ, time alignment and listening position.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.