Alpine Type R 12 or RE Audio SE X 12

Spl170s
10+ year member

Indiana
Ok, been sifting through lots of info on here... seems never ending.

Currently i run a autotek MM1400.1D amp...right now 4 ohm mono to 2 12" elemental designs 13kv.2 subs....ported enclosure 1.5 cu ft each tuned around 35hz. They sound good, but i want more. Amp is "capable" of 1400X1 1 oh mono...

SOOOO

Been considering alpine type r 12...d4 config newer versions. OR Re audio SE-X 12" Both are in my price range looking online prices.

I know SA12 would be better...and so on...but i got to stay under 300 for my subs... The SA12 are closer to 400... Hard enough to justify going 300 when "better half" says one i have now seem fine...haha

Anyway, someone with experience of both.. opinions.

I know and have read old RE is better...but that isn't my question either.

Daily driver...no spl comps..just everyday music listening...

old re's really are ******* awesome. i just got some se's a few months ago and i ******* love them. unless i want to like double my loudness and/or get extremely into detail about sq, i think these are my subs for life (or a very very long time). they get very loud and sound very good. you can find the old re's online if u try hard enough, they are kinda starting to disappear other than on classfields and forums. i used to be able to find the old res super easy, its getting a lot harder now, so get them before there arent many bnib out there.

type r's are cheap you can get a type r anytime. type r's get very loud for the price and if your on a budget.

id recommend the old res and maybe even the new re sxx over the type rs. cant reallys ay much for the nrew re stuff, but the old stuff wwas amazing

i know i spoke only about the old re, but i figured some helpp would be better than none. hope i helped at least a little bit.

just picked up a used pair of SA12's for $285, best purchase I've made, recones cost $77.50 shipped so if I push them too hard I'll have basically new subs for less than the original cost

alot of what i have read says the old RE subs were great, but the new ones are no good and are cheaply made. Same for type r's being cheaply made and such. My thing is that im just looking for good bang for the buck subs that aren't going to break the bank but get loud with authority behind them. I don't care about spl contest type subs at all...never something im gonna worry about...just want something that will hold up in my daily drive setup really.

I really would like to try the SA-12's...but they are jsut to much $$ for me to buy them new... not sure i want to go used or not at this point..

i have 2 skar audio vvx 12s (basically a sa 12) dual 4s you can run that amp at 1 ohm i have for sale i could do 270 shipped to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.