Alpine Or Pioneer

SasquatchBump
10+ year member

SQ is better
I am in the market for a new HU and I am looking at both Alpine (specifically the 7892 & 7893) and some of Pioneer's decks.

My main beef with pioneer is their decks have 2V outputs whereas the Alpines have 4V.

Does the 2V versus the 4V make a huge difference??

My amp is like 1 foot away from the deck.

Both Alpine and Pioneer make some very nice decks. Basically it comes down to the features on each deck and which one you personally like.

Actually with the 7892 and 7893 only th sub pre-out is 4V, the other pre-out voltages arent published but I believe they are about 2.6V. Im currently looking at Alpines and pioneers and the Alpine 7892 is a better deal than a comparable pioneer.

Go with the 7892 if you are going to have an amp on your treble, or go with the 7893 if you are not going to have an amp on your treble or you just plain like the way it looks. If you are considering the 7893 and you are looking for an SQ deck, I would definitely look at the eclipses in that price range. (300-400) I think the eclipse sound way better. I had a 7995 in my car for a day just for comparison purposes to see which one I liked better (that or the eclipse CD5441). I couldnt stand the alpine for more than a day after I had heard the eclipse in their for a few days. It was so much cleaner and sounded so much better. Not to mention it was a 150$ cheaper too heh. Oh well just my opinion, but alpine makes really good headunits too.

Hey, I checked those Eclipse decks but they all have weak internal amps and I dont have a amp for my regular speakers. Is it worth it to pay more for an amp for my speakers?

Heh, just because they have smaller numbers does not mean they are weak. Not to mention the fact that they are probably cleanest factory headunit amps. It may not quite as powerful as the alpine's, but you should be plenty happy with it until you can put an amp on your speakers. Yes it is very worth it to have an amp on your speakers, if you have good speakers that are designed to be powered with an external power amplifier.

Alpine is the best for sq ,that's can be out pure 4 volt.and the feature is good like time remain,etc.i suggested you to buy Alpine CDA-7894 or CDA-7998.alpine is the best h/u.

Ha I would not go as far to say that alpine is the best headunit. Better than pioneer for sure but there is definitely some much better products out there....

what ever HU you get buy one with low source impedance[to combat noise],--- high RMS output signal level[for noise to]--- and LOW noise floor[more dynamic range]

The only reason i didn't get an alpine deck is because they don't have the dot-matrix screen.. I like watching the little screen savers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a Pioneer Premier Deh-p930 and this deck is sweet. It has 6.5 volt rca's. And its got more features than you know what to do with. now you can pick one up for about 350-400 bucks. It was the second best model last year.

Its all a matter of personal opinion. Eclipse are woinderful head units, but I would never use one. I lean towards the pioneer because they have been more proven to me. I have had alpine units in the past as well as some sony, but I always lean back to the pioneer because I get the sound quality and a proven unit that never fails me....

I say go with what you feel most comfortable with in the long run and do not take the flow of the norm. If you like what you hear is it wrong?

Yeah Twinturbo I can agree Eclipse units are beyond ugly, but Alpine? Ok so they are flashy and a "big" name, but wouldn't you prefer something that gave the same quality sound and lasted a good while too without falling to pieces?

Originally posted by Alaxan Yeah Twinturbo I can agree Eclipse units are beyond ugly, but Alpine? Ok so they are flashy and a "big" name, but wouldn't you prefer something that gave the same quality sound and lasted a good while too without falling to pieces?
Talk about falling to pieces, pioneers are built dirt cheap. All the nobs and buttons feel like they're gonna break if you press them. Alpine does not fall apart, if you think it does then you've never owned one. BTW sorry but no way in hell does a pioneer give you the same quality of sound as an Alpine, you can't beat the 4V preouts on the Alpine units with the measly 2V on the pioneers. Maybe you're just feeling a little insecure about your pioneer but are afraid to admit it. You've had the rest now it's time for the BEST. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.