Alpine MRV-1005 V12 Issues. Help! (Warning - Large Image)

Participant count
  • Participant list

kiwizz

Japan
Ok, so I bought myself a new car (Nissan X-Trail). The new car had a built in navigation system, so I had to pull the audio from the rear speakers and use a step down converter. After connecting everything up, I find that the subwoofer is not working. (Everything was fine in the 95' Jetta)

I have checked everything I can think of. The +12 is good, the remote is good, ground is supposedly good (not too sure how to check this one - connected with short cable straight to chassis) The RCA audio is good, all the cables are fine.

Funny thing is the amp worked a couple times after fiddling with the switches, maybe worked twice, and now wont. The lamp goes on, but no sound. I had a look at the insides and checked to see if anything had fried, but it all seems fine.

Can anyone think of a reason why the amp isn't working? Anywhere I should be looking specifically?

View attachment 26519331

And here is the full resolution: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10434/AMP.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I connected the amp to my previous head unit and it seems the amp and subwoofer are working fine. This brings me to the conclusion that the hi lo converter or the audio signal are at fault.

Does anyone know of a way to test a hi lo converter with a multimeter? If the hi lo converter is fine, is there any other reason that would prevent the amp from getting a signal?

Thanks again.

I'm going CRAZY!

Looks like the amp wont output sound until it has been connected to the amp out rca jack on my old headunit. If i then remove the RCA cables and connect them to the hi low converter it works! I also connected the hi lo converter to my old head unit and tried it, still no luck. The amp wont start playing unless it gets a signal via the sub out first.

I took it to a car audio installer and he said the amp is probably broken. But it works fine when connected to the preout.... I also checked that the hi low converter was working with another amp, no issues there.

Any ideas on why this would be happening?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.