alpine amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jl_999
10+ year member

i have a four channel (50x4) alpine power amplifier, it is powering 3 12" JL w3's

would this amp perform just as well as a 800 watt "generic amp" or does

wattage doesnt always matter.

also, what would be the best way to wire my subs and this alpine amp so that

i am getting the most out of the amp, since it is only 50x4

The problem with a 800 watt "generic" amp is it probably only puts out 250 or so watts of power, and that would be at a high THD.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif So your Alpine would probably outperform it. If power is a concern, look into getting a JBL BP1200.1 for around $285. You have some nice subs, a JBL or maybe even two would make them really pound.

depending on the capabilities of your amp, the subs may be getting different amounts of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.