allout13's acura integra build log

Your crossovers are fine where they are and you shouldn't have water issues there. However, I had issues with water in my doors where the speaker motors are. I used some foam to act as an umbrella over the top of mine. I bought those XTC foam things and cut out the back and bottom so only the top covered the speakers.

Ive never had issues with my speakers getting wet, and as far as crossover it may take 2 years to do it, but if you already have the door panel off then its not like its alot or work or money to play it safe.

The foam baffles is a good idea, i believe parts express sells them.

Subs up and port back in my Integra was definitely louder from 45-50hz (by about 2dB), which is ideal if you want to put up numbers. Port and sub back gave a flatter response extending deeper but didn't peak as high. One is louder on a mic, the other is louder to the ear... pick your poison.

The way you have planned should work out quite well and get pretty loud. I would orient the box to fire the port towards the driver's side rear, where the jack, is to get good numbers sealed on the dash.
I finally got the second sub in today and Ill be looking to start the box either sometime this weekend or next week. Im thinking about changing up the box though. If I was to go subs up port back, would I want the port down the middle or on the side going back. Or would I want the port along the bottom of the box?

nope

just been WAY too busy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

maybe soon

nope just been WAY too busy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

maybe soon
less poast, moar pics!

Looks good though. But def more pics. Pics keep ppl entertained. I try to photo the **** outta my build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Nearly 31k views!

I feel ya man. Would you be willing to try and do a meet sometime? I am going to try and get the GA ppl together.......

Kevin
yeah. Id be down. the only problem is that Im out of town **** near every weekend for the rest of the summer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

less poast, moar pics!
Looks good though. But def more pics. Pics keep ppl entertained. I try to photo the **** outta my build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Nearly 31k views!
I know lol

I just havent had the time to do anything else. I still havent even gotten my box built yet.

as soon as I have some free time there will be plenty more pics

I know this is a ways away from when you put in the speakers but what were the sizes of the ones you put in the front? 5 1/2" or 6 1/2"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.