Help please! Sport Trac with a 15"

SportTrac92
10+ year member

NW Ohio
Hey everyone! I'm new to the site but this looks like the place to be...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif..I have a 03 Ford Explorer Sport Trac which there really isn't room for much...I have a 10" RF shallow mount under the passenger side rear seat now. And a 600 watt amp, I like it but it's nothing crazy like a lot of people have on here:fro:

Here's what I want to do:

I want to take out the rear driver side seat and put a 15" in it. I took the seat out yesterday(still room for 4 though)...lol...It seems like a decent amount of room to make something work.

The sub I really want to get is an Incriminator Audio Death Penalty series.

I really appreciate any feedback I can get! If anyone needs pictures of the area I'm putting the sub in, I'll gladly post them up...

Thanks everyone!!!

You will love that sub if you get it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif do you know your max dimensions when your seats are out?? get that and we can help you get a box design and see if you want to follow through with this. how much are you looking to spend?

Well the thing is I'm only taking out 1 seat. I need to keep my trac functional and practical. I'll see if I can get the measurements up tomorrow.

My brother in law has same truck and does want it functional. He does not want to remove the seat at all. He is looking at some sort of blow through. He has the sliding rear glass but on left and right you have the fixed glass on the back. He wants to try to 2 blow through ports on the left and the right side under those fixed rear glass. Not sure if it will work, but we will pull the seats and the panels off to see what we are really working with. If we can get ports to run through, the box would just sit in the bed under the bed cover. Should be much more stealth and functional. Just an idea to think about.

from the way it sounds you should just remove the seat for a single 15, I'd be weiry about putting stuff in the bed with my box and with a single 15 a blowthrough really isn't necessary.

So I'm thinking I don't have enough room.
Plenty for a single 15"

19X19X24 = right around 5 cubic feet (I see no need to go up above the window line behind the seat...which I'm guessing is in the 18-20" range...possibly more without seats in).

5 cubic foot gross box should give you 4 cube internal with port, woofer displacement, and bracing. Go bigger if you like/can but you do indeed have plenty of room for a single 15 and a good 15 with a couple thousand watts should make your hair stand on end in a crew cab pickup.

Measure twice, cut once. It's awful to assemble a box and find it's too big.

Plenty of good equipment on here used if you aren't dead set on buying new too.

What are your goals and what is your budget? What do you allready have for amps, hu, electrical system?

I'm kinda leaning towards Incriminator Audio's Death Penalty series.

Goal: A loud ass system but still have seating for 4..lol...

Already installed: A basic JVC head unit, and the amp for my 10" is a Rockford Fosgate 600 watt. I will probably get a new amp though(any suggestions?)

I'm going to TAS electronics tomorrow to talk to them about this. I will probably have them build the box and do the install.

Budget: None really, but would like to spend less than 1 grand...not sure that'll work though..lol

Looks like a solid sub. Sundown Nightshade, Fi BTL, SSA X-Con, DC level 4, etc. are also worth a look. My .02$ is call/contact all these guys and go with who treats you best and who you think will give you the best support after the fact.

Really I don't think you'll want to run more than 1200W or so without some electrical upgrades. There's a zillion options. Stay away from big box store brands and you should be doing allright. Many of the afforementioned companies also make amps. Same story, stick with a company that will give you some good support.

At TAS today they quoted me 200 for the labor and 50 for the material.

But after talking to a buddy of mine today he thinks I should just get 2 Death Penalty 12"s...What do you guys think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.